RELATED
PRODUCTS
Intensity

So great to see you listen to your users! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Those improvement sound pretty good.
That said, I’d personnally always have a listen using e.g. Meter Plugs Perception to get the best idea of what’s happening to the signal.
I think its mandatory when using that type of plug.
Imho

And yes, devs listening to them users are truly appreciated.

nordickvr wrote:Those improvement sound pretty good.
That said, I’d personnally always have a listen using e.g. Meter Plugs Perception to get the best idea of what’s happening to the signal.
I think its mandatory when using that type of plug.
Imho

And yes, devs listening to them users are truly appreciated.
That’s a good way to roll.

In the german forum recording.de I saw some skepticism towards Intensity, the added value was doubted and the price was considered too high.
Also from my point of view it would be helpful, if in the manual a little bit more about the internal functioning of the algorithm would be written. The reference to face recognition technologies is less trusting.
Adaptiverb has a button that calls the block diagram of the plugin. Such a diagram could also be built into Intensity to better understand the signal flow.
Best regards, PAT

https://recording.de/magazin/zynaptiq-intensity.5134/
quote:
“bin sehr beeindruckt von den Ergebnissen. Intensity bringt da mit Hilfe weniger Einstellungen mehr Klarheit und Natürlichkeit zurück als ich bisher mit der Kombination anderer Plugins (Comps, EQs usw.) erreicht habe.“

Sounds very positive to me :tu:

Internet translation for the non-Germans among us:

"I am very impressed with the results. Intensity brings back more clarity and naturalness with less settings than I have achieved so far with the combination of other plugins (Comps, EQs etc.)."

Pat.DE wrote:In the german forum recording.de I saw some skepticism towards Intensity, the added value was doubted and the price was considered too high.
Hm, not sure what the purpose of your remark is. "Some random person in some random forum said that s/he doesn't like it." Yo, sounds convincing to me.

By the way, I had a look at the forum, and the one user that actually *used* and tested it properly seemed to like it quite a lot. The others obviously didn't get the concept and just quickly tried it for a five minutes it in a way that didn't fit the purpose of the plugin... To be honest, most of the negative reactions seem to be from people that did things with it that were quite obviously not the intended use case.

I experimented with it, then bought it, and applied it to a (mastered) track - and Intensity considerably improved it. Actually, I combined it with Gulfoss, and the results are stunning. Yes, maybe that's all bad and wrong, and a fantastic engineer would get to the same results in a proper way - but I couldn't care less, as the quality of the end result is something I never achieved with other plug ins before...

And: No, I am in no way related to Zynaptiq - just a happy user who thinks that we live in fantastic times for audio production. :tu:

What was your wet/dry percentage when you used it with Gullfoss?? And did you put it before or after Gullfoss??

Not at my studio computer right now, but I put Gulfoss first (i.e. Gulfoss as intelligent EQ, Intensity as a "kind of compression" to improve signal density and detail). Not sure whether this is overdoing it - but the initial mix sounded kind of 'boomy' and 'dull', with too much mids, and with that treatment, it had much more impact and shine, and sounded more 'glued' together. Well, if it works - then it works, no?

For Intensity, I basically used one of the mastering presets (I think the saturation one), and then adjusted a tiny bit. I think the secret here is not to overdo it - with high settings, the mix seems to become harsh.

(Oh, maybe the wrong thread: but I cannot recommend Gulfoss enough. It's really magic, and it works...)

P.S.: If the Zynaptiq people are listening - what's with that Vocoder of yours? :-)

Pat.DE wrote:In the german forum recording.de I saw some skepticism towards Intensity, the added value was doubted and the price was considered too high.
Also from my point of view it would be helpful, if in the manual a little bit more about the internal functioning of the algorithm would be written. The reference to face recognition technologies is less trusting.
Adaptiverb has a button that calls the block diagram of the plugin. Such a diagram could also be built into Intensity to better understand the signal flow.
Best regards, PAT
In all respect, but Recording.DE isn‘t exactly the most sober, professional and competent place you‘d go for proper, interesting and unbiased information...

tq wrote:Not at my studio computer right now, but I put Gulfoss first (i.e. Gulfoss as intelligent EQ, Intensity as a "kind of compression" to improve signal density and detail). Not sure whether this is overdoing it - but the initial mix sounded kind of 'boomy' and 'dull', with too much mids, and with that treatment, it had much more impact and shine, and sounded more 'glued' together. Well, if it works - then it works, no?

For Intensity, I basically used one of the mastering presets (I think the saturation one), and then adjusted a tiny bit. I think the secret here is not to overdo it - with high settings, the mix seems to become harsh.
If you can find the time and if the music can be shared, I'd be very interested in seeing a YouTube video on this.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Good intro vid on Intensity:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrgJrIdbOVY

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SparkySpark wrote: If you can find the time and if the music can be shared, I'd be very interested in seeing a YouTube video on this.
Well, I am convinced that the plug ins are great, but I am not so convinced about my music and singing to go public with it (and to expose it to typical KvR ridicule). :party: Sorry about this! Hope for your understanding here...

Vortifex wrote: lol, how much are they paying you to write this stuff
I wish. They simply make magical stuff. That’s why I love them. Get the Adaptiverb demo and you’ll know. Same goes for Intensity. Game changing to say the least. Not everyone loves LVC-Audio Limited-Z. Horses for courses.
Last edited by Fleer on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”