Tone2 Gladiator 3 (public beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gladiator 4

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:45 am It seems that many people have missed this, because we did not advertize it. Since 2010 there is our the free resynthesis tool for Gladiator2 available.
this link doesnt seem to work anymore, and is there a version for gladiator 3?

It downloaded for me here when I tried it.

If you are interested in resynthesis I recommend that you check out Icarus2. You get a lot better results with it:
https://www.tone2.com/icarus-resynthesis.html

-----------------------------------------------

Gladiator3 is not supported by this tool below but it might still work.

------------------------------------

https://www.tone2.com/Resynthesis_Tool_ ... iator2.zip

Free Resynthesis Tool for Gladiator2

What does it do:

It allows you to create custom vocoder sounds or to resynthesise instruments.
It loads a 16 bit mono wav file and creates a custom mf2 files (custom HCM synthesis oscillator) for Tone2 Gladiator2.

Please note this:

- This tool is intersting for professionals only. You should be skilled with computers or sound design.
- The utility is PC only
- We do not provide support for this utility
- The software is provided "AS IS" and to be used at your own risk.
- Results may vary, not all wave material is suitable for resynthesis
- The utlility works with 16 bit mono wave files (default header)
- The sounds must have a wavelength of 512 samples
- Some wave material will crash the utility, note that extra header information (wavelab) could be a cause for this

How to create a custom vocoder sound for Gladiator2:

1) Start resynthesis utility
2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file which contains speech like 'VocoderMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Cos 2048'.
4) Play it back with 'Play->Resynthesis slow'.
5) Save it with 'File->save MF2 Multiwave'. It will create a file called 'new.MF2'.
6) Rename 'new.MF2' to '137VO Gladiator.mf2' and overwrite the file in Vstplugins/Gladiator2_data
7) Load Gladiator2
8 ) Press Init to create a new patch and select 'VO Gladiator' as waveform for oscillator1. use 'OSC12 LOOPSPEED' to control the playback speed.

How to resynthesize a an instrument for Gladiator2:

1) Start resynthesis utility
2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file like 'ResynthesizeMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Kaiser 16384'.
If you can see vertical lines on the image the tuning of the wave file is not suitable for resynthesis.
The wavelengh of the source MUST be exactly 512 samples. This is a base frequency of exactly 86.13Hz @ 44.1 Khz Samplerate. Not all sounds can be resynthesized without artefacts.
4) Play it back with 'Play->Resynthesis slow'.
5) Save it with 'File->save MF2 Multiwave'. It will create a file called 'new.MF2'.
6) Rename 'new.MF2' to '137VO Gladiator.mf2' and overwrite the file in Vstplugins/Gladiator2_data
7) Load Gladiator2
8 ) Press Init to create a new patch and select 'VO Gladiator' as waveform for oscillator1. use 'OSC12 LOOPSPEED' to control the playback speed.

Coming soon: Gladiator 3.2 (free update for PC and Mac)

This update will be available for free in Summer 2022. Gladiator 3.2 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary.

The update will include the following:

- Native support for Apple M1 silicon on the Mac
- A bigger GUI with 6 different sizes
- Many further enhancements

Markus thx so much that you care for all plugins, Gladiator is still one of my favourites, the randomizer here is one of the best.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Very much looking forward to the Mac M1 version of Gladiator. It's such an unique synthesizer with a very strong own character. I love it!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It was my first foray into Tone2, and was my favourites of their synths till Icarus came out.....

rsp
sound sculptist

Yeah mine too. I have Icarus, Gladiator and Electra X. I think they are all absolutely phenomenal synthesizers. All 3 very unique in their approach and sound. Some people say Tone2 has a "tone2 sound" and I would agree, but what I don't agree with is that it would somehow be a negative thing. On the contrary, it makes them invaluable! They are unique and awesome.

The only thing common with them all is that there are too few modulation matrix slots!! In ALL of them. This always frustrates me when they have otherwise such awesome capabilities but I constantly run out of slots. Simply assigning a few basic things like Modwheel, Aftertouch and keyboard tracking to things already eats up more than half the slots.

Still, I'm a huge Tone 2 fan and love telling people about the synths.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:14 pm If you are interested in resynthesis I recommend that you check out Icarus2. You get a lot better results with it:
https://www.tone2.com/icarus-resynthesis.html

-----------------------------------------------

Gladiator3 is not supported by this tool below but it might still work.

------------------------------------
thanks, ill try it, i have icarus and its great for resynthesis but gladiator seems to have diffferent kinds of morphing modes, icarus seems more leaning towards stuff like phase distortion, sync, fm etc like classic synthesis morphing modes as opposed to gladiator's additive/spectral effects so im keen to try resynthesis with gladiator too

bmanic wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:51 pm The only thing common with them all is that there are too few modulation matrix slots!! In ALL of them. This always frustrates me when they have otherwise such awesome capabilities but I constantly run out of slots. Simply assigning a few basic things like Modwheel, Aftertouch and keyboard tracking to things already eats up more than half the slots.
i would say it's common problem with all of the soft synths,always need more slots when start complex modulations and multi cc control,only thing in Icarus i wish to be upgraded is browsing between wavetables via mouse scroll,like you can between filter types,it's kind of annoying to point and select every time you change the wavetable source.
Cheers :)

Hmm, I disagree. Most of my other synths have many more slots than the Tone 2 synth. I never run out of mod slots in Pigments, Thorn, Alchemy, Twin2, Massive, Surge, Vital, Omnisphere, Avenger, OPS7 etc.

In fact, I can't really think of any other synthesizers than the Tone2 ones where I run out of slots. Most other synths either don't have any mod matrix or are just so simple to begin with that it's pointless to do any complex modulation. Also a lot of other synthesizers have already aftertouch, velocity and modwheel hard-coded destinations all over the place, thus limiting the amount of modulation matrix stuff you need to assign.

Tone2 doesn't have this. For instance, if you want to have a basic patch where mod wheel controls the amount of vibrato and LFO does and the speed of the vibrato increases with the intensity, you are already using up tons of slots! For that simple scenario. Now add some velocity to various parts of the preset to make it dynamic and nice to play and suddenly you are already out of all slots.. even before doing any actual deeper synthesis. This is what makes it so frustrating.

Agree with few points,maybe not all of them :)
The problem is that each synth have limitations or miss something in some area and have to compromise one thing to have another,depending which architecture gives you best stuff you wanna squeeze :)
Combinations of few synths works for me to achieve that.
Cheers :)

Return to “Instruments”