Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:42 pm Regarding 32-bit plug-ins, Nektarine does not operate as a bit bridge and while there used to be a 32-bit version of Nektarine, that isn't the case with the current version.

Regarding MIDI effects, that is not possible at the moment but it's something we are looking at.

Regarding support for Native Instruments plug-ins, if you load Komplete Kontrol as a plug-in in Nektarine, you should have access to any automation parameters, which the plug-in loaded in KK presents to the host. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by NKS support but I think it would be unlikely.
Scaling for loaded plugins would be nice.
Any chance for per plugin oversampling?
And will nektarine work eventually with cubase when deep integration is enabled?

justin3am wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:42 pm Regarding MIDI effects, that is not possible at the moment but it's something we are looking at.
Thank you for your answer.

The main reason I still use the *omplete *ontrol is the lack of usable arpeggiator within Nektarine ECO-system. The note repeat is one thing, but a full-fledged arpeggiator, with a step sequencer addition, would really open up Nektarine to musicians which are producing arpeggio based styles. As Trance, House music, etc.

Maybe this will be added in some future Nektarine updates? Please let me know if this is something you consider.

DigiPRO wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 pm The note repeat is one thing, but a full-fledged arpeggiator, with a step sequencer addition, would really open up Nektarine to musicians which are producing arpeggio based styles. As Trance, House music, etc.
If you are using most of the DAW's - I use Reaper - wouldn't you have Arp Plugins and Sequencer plugins you can use? Not going to be as hands on program capable as MPC or Maschine but as capable as Komplete Kontrol.
Leave ones footprint in that of the mind not the physical world. We have screwed it over enough.

blitze wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:03 pm
DigiPRO wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 pm The note repeat is one thing, but a full-fledged arpeggiator, with a step sequencer addition, would really open up Nektarine to musicians which are producing arpeggio based styles. As Trance, House music, etc.
If you are using most of the DAW's - I use Reaper - wouldn't you have Arp Plugins and Sequencer plugins you can use? Not going to be as hands on program capable as MPC or Maschine but as capable as Komplete Kontrol.
Sure, that is an option - if you don't mind mousing around, despite having a midi controller. My perspective is that if you already have a dedicated midi controller, as a Nektarine, it is should be a natural thing to just push a button instead.

Somehow, I think that a Nektarine can make this to its advance because no branded midi controller of their competitors has a step sequencer (they only have arpeggiator). I think it is a gap to fill by Nektarine.

Another Gap to fill by Nektar themselves is a community section for their hardware owners. Forums, user guides and pooled resources.

I find it very strange that there isn't much online community for Nektar products when they are quite good and it, for me, would be nice to work and discuss the hardware / software with some input from Nektar themselves.

I am still after a month or two coming to terms with Nektarine but I do use my T6 in both Maschine and Reaper and with Komplete Kontrol. I have configured it so I can page through Komplete Kontrol controller pages and also, once a VST is loaded, click from the T6 through VST presets. With Kontakt in KK - I use the drum pads for key switching.

Learning a lot but enjoying th eprocess after initially pulling my hair out and the keybed on the T6 plays really well even for my XXXL mitts.
Leave ones footprint in that of the mind not the physical world. We have screwed it over enough.

We've considered the possibility of a forum here or on our site, but at the moment, there isn't anyone who has time to be moderator/admin. We're still a very small company compared to our competitors.

Nektar has a lot of plans for Nektarine. We see it as very important to our future. V2.0.36, which features a lot of bug fixes and usability tweaks, was released earlier this week, From here we will be focusing on some big new features, so there won't be another update for a while. I'm afraid I can't discuss any details but I will say that feedback from our customers is very important to the way that Nektarine progresses.

i'd like to put a vote in for midi vst compatibility
it'd be great to be able to control my tetra with the soundtower plug

Justin, thanks for the heads up on the update for Nektarine.

I will go and have a look into it later when I am back at my workstation. I hope there are improvements in Tag organizing and patch cataloging from various VST's including Native Instruments newer ones that have sub menu arrangements for their patches that didn't seem to get on well with the older version of Nektarine i.e. MAssive-X and Kontakt 6.

Maybe a thought for further development NKS patch preview incorporation with patch browsing. ))

Thanks again.

Question on the T6

I am trying to map the rotaries under Internal Mode to the knobs of Komplete Kontrol by NI. They were fine in the past but now all the T6 Rotaries are sending CC10 .

Any ideas to get the rotaries back to their own CC settings?

Ok, think I have it, Just had to reassign the rotaries and then re map them in KK.

Sounds like you just had a different Internal Mode preset loaded. If the T6 is not communicating with a DAW or with Nektarine, the [Mixer], [Instrument], [Multi] and [Internal] buttons can be used to call up different Internal mode presets. Just hold one of those buttons and turn encoder E1 to select the preset you would like to load, when that button is pressed.

It might have been a Reaper Issue. With the latest updates things seem to be more functional and stable.

Not sure if I doing something stupid or if this is a known issue - have googled but not found anything. Is there a way to run nektarine (on a P1) within bitwig whilst still having the P1 work as a DAW controller. Currently, if running as a VST it does not appear to link to the P1 i.e. when I click on the Instrument Button none of the controller settings are transferred to the unit.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:03 pm We've considered the possibility of a forum here or on our site, but at the moment, there isn't anyone who has time to be moderator/admin. We're still a very small company compared to our competitors.
I'm pretty sure we could pool our resources and offer some community mods. I'd be willing to offer some of my time, for example.
vinnie2k, n00b in all things
"Better finished than perfect" Yem

I have a P1 for a couple of years and love its integration with Bitwig, one thing really puzzles me; I have registered and have ticked all the nektar email preferences for:

Yes, I would like to sign up for your Newsletter.
Subscriptions
Billing Communication
New Product information
Newsletters
Updates to my product

Never had a single email, nothing, nada, zero, don't think its going to my spam either...

Perhaps I am too old school expecting/reading emails.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”