The King's March - film-like soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/mediumaevum-arti ... ings-march

Based on a well-known Danish melody from the 14th century.
Orchestrated it and made it into a military march-like soundtrack, trying to capture - in music - the moment of King Valdemar IV Atterdag's re-capturing of several castles and reclaiming the land.
Last edited by mediumaevum on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.375

Comments: Honestly, hard for me to listen to amateur orchestral music now after hearing some incredible stuff over the last few days. However, critiquing on the same level as I do everything else (meaning not going up against the pros with million dollar budgets) this is pretty good. It was an enjoyable listen. Of course you had good material to work with so that helped.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.375

Comments: Honestly, hard for me to listen to amateur orchestral music now after hearing some incredible stuff over the last few days. However, critiquing on the same level as I do everything else (meaning not going up against the pros with million dollar budgets) this is pretty good. It was an enjoyable listen. Of course you had good material to work with so that helped.
What is wrong with the performance?

mediumaevum wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.375

What is wrong with the performance?
Not that 8 is a bad score but it is lacking in dynamics and movement. It's the same problem my own orchestral pieces suffer from that I am currently working on correcting.

Return to “Music Cafe”