Creating U-He skins?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m resurrecting this.
I’m pretty bad with text editor and some text editing brought preferences and midi table into view at least but its not really good.

How do i switch panes/layers when i’m in stock skin editor?
I can click “browse” to get to presets layer but that’s it. Can’t access midi or preferences that way

Use the ESC key to switch the editor off, navigate to the MIDI or preferences pages, then use the ESC key to switch the editor back on.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:17 am Use the ESC key to switch the editor off, navigate to the MIDI or preferences pages, then use the ESC key to switch the editor back on.
jesus christ. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
you know what i've been doing with presswerk nitro skin?
unload plugin, rename "default" preset, change VIEW mode, rename default preset, reload plugin.

thank you so so much.

^^^
I follow the same steps too. Man, these things should be documented somewhere. Wow.
Thanks @tasmaniandevil

@ploki - this reminds me that l never got back to you on this. Sorry about that.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:17 pm ^^^
I follow the same steps too. Man, these things should be documented somewhere. Wow.
Thanks @tasmaniandevil

@ploki - this reminds me that l never got back to you on this. Sorry about that.
:hug: was holidays!

thankfully i can now edit it without literally DYING. :lol:

Does this work with free u-he plugins too?

it should yes

Superb! :) thanks.

Is it possible to create oscilloscopes / filter graphs in plugins that don't have it enabled stock? (i.e. podolski)

I've tried copypasting Hive's OSC/Filter code into podolski but nothing shows up

Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:27 pm Is it possible to create oscilloscopes / filter graphs in plugins that don't have it enabled stock? (i.e. podolski)

I've tried copypasting Hive's OSC/Filter code into podolski but nothing shows up
I don't code, but I imagine just copying and pasting code isn't going to do anything. Specific instruments have specific needs and probably are wired in ways that are exclusive to that synth. If you're very knowledgeable in code then it might be possible, but it certainly will not be at all easy.
i can't really make music

i mean i did copy/paste it and modified it to the correct pane, so the actual DataGraph does show up :) it just doesn't show anything.
It's either because i don't know what else to modify or because plugins that don't come with graphs stock, simply don't support them.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:02 am i mean i did copy/paste it and modified it to the correct pane, so the actual DataGraph does show up :) it just doesn't show anything.
It's either because i don't know what else to modify or because plugins that don't come with graphs stock, simply don't support them.
I don't know if it's possible for Podolski specifically, but if it is, there's a couple of things that could affect whether it works or not. First thing, if you copy DataGraph code from another u-he plugin, make sure you've copied all the related lines, because they can be scattered across the script file. The second thing is that DataGraph's port, module and parameter values are usually unique for each plugin, so you'll have to figure out what those values are for Podolski (probably by using native skin editor). Hope if helps.

drzhnn wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:32 am I don't know if it's possible for Podolski specifically, but if it is, there's a couple of things that could affect whether it works or not. First thing, if you copy DataGraph code from another u-he plugin, make sure you've copied all the related lines, because they can be scattered across the script file. The second thing is that DataGraph's port, module and parameter values are usually unique for each plugin, so you'll have to figure out what those values are for Podolski (probably by using native skin editor). Hope if helps.
thanks - i did, or at least, think i did. :clown:
Native skin editor doesn't always show stuff that's available.
i.e. in Repro, you can't assign control values for Velvet Hiss/Automute that you made, you can only do it via txt editor.

I tried opening Diva/Hive in native skin editor and you can't assign graph stuff via editor even there, where it is available. :dog:
So i suspect i could only do it via script, and if podolski has that code hidden somewhere.
I dropped a line to support, we'll see what they say.

is there a sublime plugin for u-he script?
18000 lines of code is a lot to chew through :D

Ploki wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:21 pm is there a sublime plugin for u-he script?
18000 lines of code is a lot to chew through :D
I don't think there is package for that. But the built-in Python or C++ syntax work just fine for highlighting theme scripts.

Return to “u-he”