Creating U-He skins?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice, thanks! Python does look better

Can anyone explain to me how prototypes work and how do i define them?

Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 9:02 am Can anyone explain to me how prototypes work and how do i define them?
Prototypes really only have a meaning for the built-in editor. Our designer usually switches them off.

The idea was to have a Maya-style construction history where cloned objects inherit the changes applied to their "originals" (prototypes). Such that, if you create 1 button first, then clone it 20 times, any change of size/style/graphics applied to the first button would also automatically be applied to all of its 20 clones, and their clones and so on.

Urs wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 2:19 pm
Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 9:02 am Can anyone explain to me how prototypes work and how do i define them?
Prototypes really only have a meaning for the built-in editor. Our designer usually switches them off.

The idea was to have a Maya-style construction history where cloned objects inherit the changes applied to their "originals" (prototypes). Such that, if you create 1 button first, then clone it 20 times, any change of size/style/graphics applied to the first button would also automatically be applied to all of its 20 clones, and their clones and so on.
oh my that's actually wonderful. :love:

It's more like "Oh FFS!" most of the time when you rescale a knob and suddenly half the knobs on the screen do the same...

:D
yeah i can see that be a problem.
OTOH manually rescaling everything across X layers is just .. bruh.

"Save to file" however is insanely useful tho. I can replicate some things without too manual work

And something that keeps eluding me:
is there away to alphabetically sort "graphics" selection dropdown menu in the editor?

Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 6:38 pm OTOH manually rescaling everything across X layers is just .. bruh.
You know you can "draw" selections, much like Maya's artisan brush?

Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 6:44 pm And something that keeps eluding me:
is there away to alphabetically sort "graphics" selection dropdown menu in the editor?
are they not?

Urs wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 8:38 pm
Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 6:44 pm And something that keeps eluding me:
are they not?
sort of not really
Urs wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 8:37 pm
Ploki wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 6:38 pm OTOH manually rescaling everything across X layers is just .. bruh.
You know you can "draw" selections, much like Maya's artisan brush?
oh yeah, with shift - but can't draw across layers in the same pane :wink:

still, i have to give big kudos to the skin editor and langauge, its so flexible. I've started abusing blending modes with this one and it opened out so many possibilities. :hyper:

carful - blending modes can look different depending on render engine... particularly Mac/Win differences. Hence we never use them.

oh my. :dog:

drzhnn wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 11:54 pm
Ploki wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 10:21 pm is there a sublime plugin for u-he script?
18000 lines of code is a lot to chew through :D
I don't think there is package for that. But the built-in Python or C++ syntax work just fine for highlighting theme scripts.
I use notepad++ and have configured to color code U-He script.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Here's a few new things that we're working on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mRnbFXEYg

Stupidly the ColourLab currently doesn't update properly. Not sure why. It does make colour picking much easier though :)

Anyhow, you'll be able to use .svg graphics and you can do colour adjustments directly on an .svg/.png and save those adjustments with the Theme file.

I think all of our future releases will have those features. Not sure if/how the editors work on Windows/Linux though, we use do all UI editing on macOS ourselves. I do think though we have fixed key commands for the editors on Windows.

Urs wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 2:30 pm Here's a few new things that we're working on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mRnbFXEYg

Stupidly the ColourLab currently doesn't update properly. Not sure why. It does make colour picking much easier though :)

Anyhow, you'll be able to use .svg graphics and you can do colour adjustments directly on an .svg/.png and save those adjustments with the Theme file.

I think all of our future releases will have those features. Not sure if/how the editors work on Windows/Linux though, we use do all UI editing on macOS ourselves. I do think though we have fixed key commands for the editors on Windows.
that looks cool af! should also probably work better with scaling as vs bitmaps now?
i still havent figured out what grid to pick so things don't go off-center when plugin is scaled - but what eases me as that stock skins go off alignment as well :)

I do have one humble request;
can you make skins read fonts from their own font folder? right now they only read custom fonts if they're placed in the global u-he font folder

Return to β€œu-he”