Creating U-He skins?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The best Grid is 20x20 pixels, next best 10x10 because we scale in steps of 10%.

The off-center thing is a pretty random limitation of the libraries we adopted for Windows. I think it's time we revisited these anyway as we need faster vector drawing in future. Also these libs are old and probably engineered way beyond our needs.

Fonts are a tricky bit in all of this, we might have to parse them ourselves in future on Windows.

there's always the option of using prerended font tables (Microtonic does it like that) but i guess that's a step back.

is there a folder for fonts on Windows like it is for Mac?

Pre-rendered fonts are something we'll probably use here and there, but they're of course pixel based and thus not necessarily suited for scalable editors...

I had a fellow forumgoer test my skin on windows and blending generally works ok, except a few shadows that look a bit off (burned edges)

Spontaneously started working on a Diva skin at the weekend, and on the second evening almost went insane just trying to change the text color (especially because rgba code in the script looks way different than rgba code looks in other tools) and trying to remove the pointer from knobs ... while digging through 7000 lines in the script text file. After a very frustrating day, then just googled, found this topic, and WOW... the editor is fantastic.... (if you know it, instead of looking confused into +7000 script lines) :?

Really great that the editor is also so accessible for users, especially how much time it saves and makes things easier. gorgeous! :tu: :tu: :tu:

I just wanted to try this out, but, couldn't get it to work at all. I think I'm doing everything right, I created a (text) file in the plugin's root folder (the .data folder), renamed it to default.h2p, added the text line "!EDITOR=YES" to the top of the file, then opened the plugin in the DAW, and it just shows me the normal plugin GUI.

Is this just working with some of the plugins, perhaps? I tried it in Tyrell N6 and ZebraCM, and it does absolutely nothing.

Also, do I understand it correctly, and you can either use the built in editor, or create custom graphics in the pattern of the graphics provided in the Data folder?

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:54 am I just wanted to try this out, but, couldn't get it to work at all. I think I'm doing everything right, I created a (text) file in the plugin's root folder (the .data folder), renamed it to default.h2p, added the text line "!EDITOR=YES" to the top of the file, then opened the plugin in the DAW, and it just shows me the normal plugin GUI.

Is this just working with some of the plugins, perhaps? I tried it in Tyrell N6 and ZebraCM, and it does absolutely nothing.

Also, do I understand it correctly, and you can either use the built in editor, or create custom graphics in the pattern of the graphics provided in the Data folder?
Remind me if i forget cause im not at my computer and i’m going by memory:

just copy any preset in factory presets folder and add !EDITOR=YES at the top and rename it to default. The file needs to stay in top (root) folder of factory plugins, not user plugins.

It should work with all u-he plugs!

The built in editor is generally for scripting, not graphic design - you can do everything editor does with a text editor and the script file.
You’ll still need to edit image files externally unless you’re just “hacking” existing script.

Thanks Ploki. Somehow I can't get it to work though. Neither by creating a new default.h2p file, nor by copying and renaming an existing one. I tried to put it - in the root folder of the .data folder. In the root preset folder. And in the preset -> Tyrell N6 folder. None of that seems to work. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

The default.h2p preset file needs to be placed in the root factory preset location.
In case of Tyrell on Windows, this would be:

TyrellN6.data\Presets\TyrellN6

Then you need to unload and reload Tyrell in your host.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks @tasmaniandevil. I just tried it like that (again), and, this time it worked. :) I have a theory why it didn't work yesterday: When booted for the first time, Studio One does a more elaborate plugin scan, while, if it already has been started before, it just does a quick scan. At least that would explain why it didn't work yesterday. IF it has to do with the plugin scan.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
dune_rave wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 am Hi! I've also tried this, I'm in edit mode, but can't see the whole skin, is it normal? The right and bottom side is off the screen, i have to push the right arrow on my keyboard to slowly scroll to the right...
Tried this in reaper and fl studio - I saw the same behaviour.
Sceenshot from Reaper:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NnFH9 ... 1_H8hKhpmt (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NnFH91jcdGDtb7eS-1_IcW1_H8hKhpmt)
I'm working on building a skin too on Windows and have the same problem, I assume it's a Windows thing? I read that u-he uses MacOS to design their things so maybe it has to do with that. Has anyone found a solution for this?

We have greatly enhanced the editor in our internal builds, and it's working on Windows as well. However, we have not yet released anything with it.

Urs wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:41 pm We have greatly enhanced the editor in our internal builds, and it's working on Windows as well. However, we have not yet released anything with it.
nice, excited

Return to “u-he”