First song (after 14 years at KVR): Outpost

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am proud to say I have FINALLY uploaded a song here - after fourteen years as a KVR member! :o

I really hope you enjoy it. It's a catchy song on a serious matter: over-consumption and the ending resources of the world. I figured: if going through the trouble of writing and mixing a song, why not use a relevant subject?

I warmly welcome comments on everything - the mix, levels, composition, lyrics, boominess/harshness, ... (I can't do much about my singing voice though, except for mixing it better perhaps, or getting a better mic.)

I really hope for some comments, as I have worked on this song to and fro for quite some time, learning a lot in the process.

Enjoy!

Here are the lyrics as well:

Verse 1
Sunny day
The sky is blue
It’s beautiful
And so are you
The ocean cruise
So fantastic
But the ocean surface
Is filled with plastic

Verse 2
Back in the city
The sky is grey
From 100 million barrels
Of oil a day
So put the gasmask on
And carry on
There’s no risk getting stung
When all the bees are gone

Chorus
On this outpost in space that we call our home
There’s a message, an outcry, a plea
From the highest of mountains
To the roots of the trees
From the seagulls to the depths of the sea:
Come rescue me

Verse 3
And so we spend our cash
But what is it worth
When we have too much money
And too little earth
Divided we rose
Together we’ll fall
‘Cause the world is so big
But the planet so small

Verse 4
Back from the city
With my brand new phone
Well who is to blame
When the fault is our own?
And if an alien ship
Would appear in the sky
They would see the signs
And they would hear the cry

Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/user-221496479/outpost

Petter :phones:
Last edited by SparkySpark on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Congrats on your first upload after all this time. Anyway, this really made me smile. Vocals remind me of another group but it's not coming to me right now, but it will drive me crazy until I figure it out. Love the bassline on this. Simple, but it works. Love the little breaks in between verses. Good job!

Thanks Wagtunes,

Your feedback means a lot to me, having read many of your posts - positive and negative, but always well informed - in the past.

Actually I forgot to ask: what style is my music? :)

I don't really know what to call my style, or what it resembles... but all my songs end up basically this way (or sometimes as piano ballads with synth pads).

(I'm glad the production was okay at least, as I recently got rather severe tinnitus problems, so I can only listen to my mix for very brief periods of time and can't go into really fine detailed polishing anymore.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:Thanks Wagtunes,

Your feedback means a lot to me, having read many of your posts - positive and negative, but always well informed - in the past.

Actually I forgot to ask: what style is my music? :)

I don't really know what to call my style, or what it resembles... but all my songs end up basically this way (or sometimes as piano ballads with synth pads).

(I'm glad the production was okay at least, as I recently got rather severe tinnitus problems, so I can only listen to my mix for very brief periods of time and can't go into really fine detailed polishing anymore.)
Sorry to hear about the hearing problems. Believe me, I know what it's like. 5k and above is totally shot.

Anyway, sounds like 90s pop rock to me but I'm so bad at genre identification unless it's something that really sticks out. If I could think of the group you sound like (mostly in the vocals) I could narrow it down a little more.

Return to “Music Cafe”