I probably need a shrink(Hardware VS software)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:I want to sound good. I think sounding like yourself comes naturally, with the selection of sounds or "a sound" which you like and prefer. More or less any artist has a unique sound IMO.
I think there is truth in that, some people seem to be drawn to a certain sound like they're trapped by gravity.

low_low wrote:
chk071 wrote:I want to sound good. I think sounding like yourself comes naturally, with the selection of sounds or "a sound" which you like and prefer. More or less any artist has a unique sound IMO.
I think there is truth in that, some people seem to be drawn to a certain sound like they're trapped by gravity.
Actually, to add something to that, I think that a lot of unique sound comes from technique, artists just seem to establish certain techniques that they like and use over and over and it gives them a certain sound. Like an artist who favors a certain style of brush stroke, or a dancer who has favorite moves, or someone who draws who really has a good technique for getting proportions right, the more artists use certain techniques and become intimately familiar with them, practice them, reach for them as tools when they are doing things, the more it becomes part of their art.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”