DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

User Area is giving me a 404 error. I'll keep trying to see if it's on my end or something going on with the Synapse website.

Yeah I'm getting the same

j wazza wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:33 pm does it only affect macs so there is still pc vst2?
Yes, there is def still vst2.4 on PC, but 32bit has been dropped.

No problem getting to latest version here on Chrome.

Yeah working now for me also 👍

Login is now fixed on the site.

Oh yeah mpe! So great !!!

Still no SOLO button in the OSC MIXER since 2018? Why does clicking on the OSC1-3, RM, and NOISE labels reset the faders to zero instead of soloing? :dog:

AlienForce wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:20 pm Still no SOLO button in the OSC MIXER since 2018? Why does clicking on the OSC1-3, RM, and NOISE labels reset the faders to zero instead of soloing? :dog:
what? they did a mixer and did not do a solo function??!
my only request (and of better wavetable browser/selector instead of a that long drop down)

There has always been Mute/Solo per Layer but not per Osc inside each layer. One way around that is to use another layer instead of using another Osc in a single layer. I normally work that way when doing patches that don't need more than 8 Oscs. You can still use all 4 synth engines that way in any combination.

That also allows you to use different filters in each layer instead of routing 2 Oscs through the same filters in a single layer, different Mod routings, ADSR settings, etc.

In this image we're working with 4 voice layers. Voice layers 1,2, and 4 are Soloed and 3 is Muted:

D3 Mute.png

In this image Voice Layer 3 is Soloed and 1,2, and 4 are muted:

Solo.png

The new Mixer is a Layer mixer affecting all Oscs inside that layer. This was a request made by the user base.

At any rate I have passed the concern for Osc Mute/Solo along to Synapse.

But this is still a very nice free update bringing some new features which have been requested by users in the past. The three new VR reverbs are very nice and the drag and drop of samples makes creating large wavetables much easier as one can drag many .wavs at once rather than loading them one at a time. That's been a huge time saver.

I'll list the change log again for this free update:

UHD Skins for high-resolution 4K/5K monitors.
A layer mixer in the Voices section.
Three additional vintage reverb modes.
Full support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
Microtuning support via MTS-ESP.
The bell-shaped EQ gains a second type with a slightly softer shape.
An additional Reverse delay.
Drag'n'Drop support for WAV files.
Copy/Paste Arp function.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:55 pm That also allows you to use different filters in each layer instead of routing 2 Oscs through the same filters in a single layer, different Mod routings, ADSR settings, etc.
That’s great tip :clap: :tu:
MuLab of course :D

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:55 pm ...One way around that is to use another layer instead of using another Osc in a single layer...
Yeah, right. But it's still a workaround. Personally, I can't imagine using Spire, Serum, or Pigments where suddenly the ability to turn each oscillator on and off separately is gone. It's so quick and easy to work with. And for reverse-engineering other people's patches, even more so.

In DUNE 3, the text labels themselves under the faders in the OSC MIXER can be made to act as on/off buttons. And a disabled oscillator can be shown with a translucent fader, for example.
Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:55 pm ...At any rate I have passed the concern for Osc Mute/Solo along to Synapse...
Thank you!

AlienForce wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:26 am Yeah, right. But it's still a workaround. Personally, I can't imagine using Spire, Serum, or Pigments where suddenly the ability to turn each oscillator on and off separately is gone. It's so quick and easy to work with. And for reverse-engineering other people's patches, even more so.
You can of course turn off the individual Oscs in each layer. All you have to do is move the slider which is not really that much more in time and effort than clicking on a solo button. So what you're asking can already be done, it just takes a tiny bit more time.

I've made about 1,000 patches for DUNE 3 and Osc solo has never been something I've missed here. :shrug:

At any rate I encourage everyone to post their requests at the Synapse official forums. You're much more likely to get a response there. I imagine Richard and Marcin are too busy writing code for various projects to spend much time looking for threads on other forums.

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, mixers have solo/mute switches for a reason, don't they? And there's a reason other developers put on/off switches in oscillators and effects.

Have faith, your request is being discussed. But until (if) Osc Mute is added you can still accomplish the same task albeit with a little bit more effort.

Generally speaking (i.e. not just referring to Dune), Is pulling a slider to min the same as turning it off? Or is the oscillator still running in the background, just quietly?

Return to “Instruments”