Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sidenros wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:50 pm Anybody know if eastwest allows selling second hand?

Thanks.

/Jonathan.
No, EastWest don't allow license transfers. I had asked it directly to their support team last year.

Toontrack is now charges $15 per license transfer fee. Just commenting here in case anybody searches as this policy has changed since comments the beginning of the thread.

I heard back from TBT regarding license transfers. I was specifically asking about Kirchhoff-EQ. Here is their reply:

Unfortunately our EULA does not allow license transfering or reselling.

It will be your choice eventually, but we would not recommend to purchase 2nd-hand license from personal users.
Principally we do not provide technical support on resold licenses, which includes transfering license to another account, changing email address, reset activations, etc.
That means we will not be able to guarantee the security of your license.

Honestly we can't completely prevent reselling and the only thing we can do is to suggest you not to do so.
We hope to have your understanding.

Best regards,

Baby Audio now charges 20 USD for each licence transfer. Information can be found on their FAQ page. This fee has to be paid by the original licence owner or the buyer of the second hand licence.

After days of trying to get in touch with support for a transfer, it turns out Arturia has apparently updated their transfer policy. I know last year they made it a requirement to have them manually unregister a license, but now according to their rep:

"Our policy states that no products can be transferred before the 6-month period.

However, you can reach back to us after this time period and we can transfer the license for you."

I'm pretty sure this is a recent change, as I've transferred licenses before the six month period of ownership before? Anyways, anyone selling (or buying) Arturia licenses should be aware. :dog:
Last edited by scaremony on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scaremony wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:48 pm After days of trying to get in touch with support for a transfer, it turns out Arturia has apparently updated their transfer policy. I know last year they made it a requirement to have them manually unregister a license, but now according to their rep:

"Our policy states that no products can be transferred before the 6-month period.

However, you can reach back to us after this time period and we can transfer the license for you."

I'm pretty sure this is a recent change, as I've transferred licenses before the six month period of ownership before? Anyways, anyone selling (or buyer) Arturia licenses should be aware. :dog:
This is definitely new. I regretted purchasing pigments once, and transferred like 4 days later. Recently bought V collection 8, and sold it 3 weeks later.

And now, there is a 6 month wait. It's definitely new.

Thanks for notifying.

I posted about this on the previous page: viewtopic.php?p=8427864#p8427864

So, it's not really a recent change. I also resold VC9 recently by contacting Arturia support after owning it for 2 months (and hence unable to unregister manually), but I ended up buying it again few days ago.

That said, what the My Products page says (? under the product details) is that for any newly registered license, you cannot unregister manually and need to contact support, which is anything less than 6 months. Also, any upgraded licenses are now labelled so in the account and the license from which it was upgraded/crossgraded is marked "Cannot be sold separately". Also, any free products included during upgrade/crossgrade (e.g. MiniFreak V recently) doesn't have any option to unregister manually and it doesn't even show up in the list of products you own on the resell license Contact Support page.

They have become more aware of what people are doing and have rightfully put some measures in place to safeguard their business.

FYI - I just found out from UVI that I can't resell any of the stand-alone products I purchased which are included in Vintage Vault. The reasoning is that I received a discount on the Vintage Vault price which reflected - to some degree - my prior investment in their products.

Does anyone know how long Steinberg takes to approve Cubase Pro 12 license transfer and provide a new activation code?

It's over 3 working days and I am still waiting for their reply.

EDIT: Never mind, got their reply on the 4th day.

Arturia takes 1-3 days to respond, and they are very nice and polite. They do make mistakes though from different rep to different rep as one believed that I could not transfer MiniFreak V because it was upgraded while the other one did. They gave me the benefit of the doubt. They also transferred the wrong licence but fixed it for me. So, they can be ambiguous but they did help me and I appreciate how nice and accommodating they are. I think they have a lot of work and it can get confusing for them.

Can I simply transfer a PSP license through ilok? I've transferred a PSP license before but can't quite recall how, plus it was several years ago and judging by this page policies change w/ a fair degree of regularity lately.
Last edited by nusound mind on Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post

From Ujam update 2023: "We only allow to transfer licenses for purchases made directly through our website or from an authorized dealer."
No more 2nd hand licenses transfer!!

https://support.ujam.com/hc/en-us/artic ... t-be-done-
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

asprog wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:41 pm From Ujam update 2023: "We only allow to transfer licenses for purchases made directly through our website or from an authorized dealer."
No more 2nd hand licenses transfer!!

https://support.ujam.com/hc/en-us/artic ... t-be-done-
Does it mean license becomes NFR for second owner?

Yes :(
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”