Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghostwhistler wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:44 am Could someone clarify: if I transfer a license for an Arturia product whether that transfer is for the latest version? I'm going to assume so because when you download the plug in you are, presumably, downloading the latest version, which you will then register with your transferred license.

thanks
It is transferred as you see it in your account. If you transfer Piano V V1, for example, it will show up as V1 on the receiving end, and the update is a paid one. On the other hand, Pigments updates have all been free, and the receiving user gets the latest one.

Hope this helps.

ralfrobert wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:51 am
ghostwhistler wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:44 am Could someone clarify: if I transfer a license for an Arturia product whether that transfer is for the latest version? I'm going to assume so because when you download the plug in you are, presumably, downloading the latest version, which you will then register with your transferred license.

thanks
It is transferred as you see it in your account. If you transfer Piano V V1, for example, it will show up as V1 on the receiving end, and the update is a paid one. On the other hand, Pigments updates have all been free, and the receiving user gets the latest one.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. So, to be clear, my Arturia lists that i have the "mini v3" and the "OB-XA V". Nothing else that i can see pertaining to versions. These are all up to date as per the Software Center app. I must admit I find this confusing, and I'm being asked from a potential license transfer buyer what versions of those two I have. That's all I can find. Thanks for your help

ghostwhistler wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:07 am
ralfrobert wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:51 am

thanks

Hope this helps.
Thank you. So, to be clear, my Arturia lists that i have the "mini v3" and the "OB-XA V". Nothing else that i can see pertaining to versions. These are all up to date as per the Software Center app. I must admit I find this confusing, and I'm being asked from a potential license transfer buyer what versions of those two I have. That's all I can find. Thanks for your help
Software Center shows you a detailed version number. You can also find it in the plugin itself.

Another question: someone whom i bought some arturia license transfers from a year ago kindly gave me free access to Pigments for a year (ends in May). A very kind gesture though I've no idea how he was able to do so :D
My question: am i able to buy a license (a transfer, rather than from Arturia directly) in the meantime and have the vst be permanently mine? (if you see what i mean).

With the new ni + izotope combo-offer im wondering: is there any way to see your license depencys in your izotope account? I bought "tonal banalance upgrade from any paid izotope product" and have the three strips as single serials. I don't know (a) what they are tied to and (b) if these types of crossgrades are tied to anything at all or just the skew upgrades (elements -> standart -> advanced).

Arturia license transfer terms have been updated a little bit recently:
Use of the Products by the Buyer

From the date of delivery of the Product and within the next 6 months, the Buyer must contact the customer service at https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp to unregister the license from their account. After the 6 months period, the Buyer has the possibility to unregister the license by themselves from their account at https://www.arturia.com/myarturia.
https://www.arturia.com/support/terms

I see this policy reflecting in the account. Also, I see that freebies no longer have the option to be unregistered from the account, manually or through support, unlike previously.

Found this out today about Plugin Boutique's Scaler. So it seems only can transfer a current version if it is not via an upgrade, and then it becomes NFR to the buyer. Weak enough to practically be useless :roll:
"Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer licenses from Scaler upgrades.

We are also not able to transfer Scaler 1 licenses as this product is now discontinued."

Soundtoys new user account system doesn't recognize transferred licenses any more. You can use it, and have it in your iLok, but it won't appear in your user account. They say that the new site doesn't support license transfers. It doesn't reduce the upgrade price to the complete set also. When did they inform about this change? Never.

fcamp wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:32 pm Soundtoys new user account system doesn't recognize transferred licenses any more. You can use it, and have it in your iLok, but it won't appear in your user account. They say that the new site doesn't support license transfers. It doesn't reduce the upgrade price to the complete set also. When did they inform about this change? Never.
I just bought Tremolator from someone here on KVR about a week ago. The license transfer via iLok went through without a hitch, and at first Tremolator didn't appear in my Soundtoys account. I read the same thing you are mentioning here on their site, but wrote to them anyway simply letting them know the plugin wasn't appearing in my account. A few days later I heard back from them with the following:

"Sorry for the trouble. I have registered the transferred license to your account. Please let me know if you need any further assistance."

Signed, so-and-so from Soundtoys Support.

Tremolator was listed in my account, fully registered and applied toward the upgrade amount. I don't know if this was a fluke incident, but they made good on the transfer and recognized my ownership of the license. I think it worthwhile to inquire of them.

Cheers!

Yes, I have been talking with them by e-mail. What I have stated is their response so far.

I see, I guess this new policy is evolving. I must have just written them at an opportune time.

Their last word on it :( :

Your license will still work, but it will not appear in your Soundtoys account. However, you can still activate it by following the guide below:
Getting Started with an iLok License

While iLok still supports transfers, we do not. To access your installer you'll have to do so from the link below:
https://storage.googleapis.com/soundtoy ... nload.html
(To download the entire Soundtoys 5 Bundle at once, scroll down to the "Soundtoys 5" line-item)

eungang wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 pm I see, I guess this new policy is evolving. I must have just written them at an opportune time.

Update to Soundtoys policy for license transfers, revised due to a lot of pushback they received for deciding to no longer support license transfers. In short, if you sell/buy a used license for one of their products going forward, Soundtoys will manually fulfill the transfer once they confirm a payment trail for said license:

https://support.soundtoys.com/article/9 ... d41014f5d1

This new system makes sense to me, as Soundtoys are probably one of the most, if not absolutely the most, hacked plugins on Earth. It is fair, although labor intensive for them, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to implement a fee of their own for the transfer. Legitimate licenses which have been successfully transferred to you will appear in your Soundtoys account, which means they will qualify toward the bundle upgrade.

Does anyone know of any topics to read, or other forums, with discussion on the legality side of things? I'm completely naive on the subject... is it literally down to an individual company to just pick their own rules about consumers being able to resell their products? I'd read another post somewhere about a European court ruling on the subject, but still wasn't sure what it meant exactly... is there a different European law that would mean companies would have to comply in letting licenses be transferred, if the transaction was between 2 people both within European borders?
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Anybody know if eastwest allows selling second hand?

Thanks.

/Jonathan.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”