Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've not seen this posted anywhere so in case it's slipped under the radar, Cherry Audio are no longer allowing license transfers from next month. There is a 3 month grace period for licenses registered before 1st May 2023 until 1st August 2023 after which time no further license transfers will be allowed. Full details available here;

https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/article/ ... other-user

It seems that PA changed their Dynamic Discount policy for license transfer fees. No longer valid. Therefore 40 USD for two tranfers instead of 32 as before. Observation correct?

Could it be that they have deactivated dynamic discounts during the current sale? Just a guess.
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:55 pm It seems that PA changed their Dynamic Discount policy for license transfer fees. No longer valid. Therefore 40 USD for two tranfers instead of 32 as before. Observation correct?

fcamp wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:37 pm Could it be that they have deactivated dynamic discounts during the current sale? Just a guess.
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:55 pm It seems that PA changed their Dynamic Discount policy for license transfer fees. No longer valid. Therefore 40 USD for two tranfers instead of 32 as before. Observation correct?
Hope so, I've two transfers pending and want to use the 25 voucher in May...

What’s the deal with heavyocity licence transfers , I see a lot of people in the forum selling , as I was aware they don’t allow it , am I wrong ?

Oh wow, an incredible resource! I was hoping for a collection such as this after I found out that Spitfire Audio won't allow my reselling of my $1000+ worth of products I bought from them. Terrible shame. Anyhow, at least now I can get help into more-quickly learning which products might actually work and how to get them sold. Thank you!

I have been dealing with Arturia's customer support for like a week now, trying to get my licenses transferred to another user (Tape Mello-Fi, Filter MS-20, and stuff like that). They are refusing to go through with the transfer because those licenses were given away in free promotions.

Nowhere on their support page or website does it say that they don't allow those kinds of license transfer. Nobody else in this forum has ever mentioned that policy. Many people have reported reselling those licenses with no issues. ¿Has anybody have had a similar experience?

Arturia used to allow the transfer of freebies as I did so a few years ago.
But I noticed that my remaining freebies don't show that they can be transferred.
Another change from the last year is that you now have to wait six months before you can transfer a license.
I asked them last year why I couldn't transfer a license and they told me they had introduced a new policy.
I told them that this wasn't mentioned on their website and that I thought it was poor practice to change the terms for licences already registered.
They manually removed the license from my account which I felt was appropriate.
I seem to recall also that they didn't make it clear at the time of purchase that a Crossgrade is linked to the base license.
Not exactly an unusual practice but another case of poor communication.

How is people tranferring PA stuff with the hefty fee, I am not even sure if people would get them as a gift now xD
dedication to flying

[delete. moved to a different thread.]

It says free transfer after nine months for TAL Audio, I have had the products I sold for more than nine months and still needed to pay $10 for each transfer

Does Synapse Audio allow transfers at all? Their EULA says "You are granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license"

YnJ wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:54 am Does Synapse Audio allow transfers at all? Their EULA says "You are granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license"
I think yes.

https://www.synapse-audio.com/faqs.html

Simply contact them :)

ok, thanks!

Last edited by fcamp on Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”