SPL Hawk Eye

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SPL Hawkeye

plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 pm could never get Flux to work
Did you contact support? Never heard before that Flux analyzer doesnt work...

HcDoom wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:28 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 pm could never get Flux to work
Did you contact support? Never heard before that Flux analyzer doesnt work...
You can't drag and drop onto HawkEye. I have it and tried it and it doesn't work (with wav or m4a). Also the manual doesn't mention it.

I can't get the Flux analyzer to work either. I've tried numerous times with support's help and all failed. they use some kind of soft-ethernet protocol which probably doesn't work anymore on macs. Who knows. Abadonded it.

It's $39.99 right now with code HAWKEYE-3999. I might use my $25 voucher on it.

I have the same opportunity as you with that $25 voucher, but I already have Metric AB and I am only working on my own projects as a hobbyist, not a profession at all. But I still have a personal target of getting my projects to be as clean and balanced and as good as the professionals.

Having Metric AB and Izotopes Tonal Balance Control already, would I really need SPL Hawkeye, even though its only $15 with my voucher? I just don't feel like buying something that I might not use.

clintonpeck wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:40 pm I have the same opportunity as you with that $25 voucher, but I already have Metric AB and I am only working on my own projects as a hobbyist, not a profession at all. But I still have a personal target of getting my projects to be as clean and balanced and as good as the professionals.

Having Metric AB and Izotopes Tonal Balance Control already, would I really need SPL Hawkeye, even though its only $15 with my voucher? I just don't feel like buying something that I might not use.
I would rather go for free Voxengo SPAN instead of Hawk.

Thank you for the quick reply HcDoom, but I lost the battle and I just couldn't resist getting it at that price. Where's the nearest plugin rehab, I think I to need go to one.
$17.99, I shouldn't complain and it's another tool in the box along with SPAN. Already having MetricAB, SPAN, etc, etc, I wouldn't have paid more than that anyway.
The Spectrum (Metric & SPAN), LUF Loudness, Stereo Image I get, but the Correlation and Dynamics (MetricAB) are a bit over the top of my head. I guess I need to pull out the manuals on both and start educating myself.
HiRes Audio Check in SPL Hawkeye does look quite fascinating, but it does seem like something that only the professionals should be bothered with.

it cannot load a wav file standalone, or can it?

It's handy to have all the meters in 1 plug-in. And it looks awesome at full size across two big screens :)
More BPM please

I picked Hawk Eye up when it came out. I use it on every project along with Youlean. I prefer Youlean's display of loudness. I use Hawk Eye's spectrum and stereo meters mostly. Also the level histogram on the left is useful for visualizing L/R balance. I never wrapped my head around the bit display - if anyone knows how to use it in a useful way let us know!

SPL has 7 tutorials on YT where they explain every section of HawkEye. :clap:

I don't have iZotope Insight, so for $15 it's a nobrainer :tu:
Last edited by 3qO on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was also weak... :oops:

hmm seems a bit outdated IMHO, still on the initial release version 1.0 in 2022, but I kinda like how it looks...FFT ballistics could be a bit more flexible
Mac Mini M2Pro, Logic X, Live 11, Push2, S1 V6, Atom SQ, VirusTI2 Desktop, Korg Minilogue xd, Adam A7V, Neumann KH120II, RME, KOMPLETE KONTROL...

LQdb wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:07 pm hmm seems a bit outdated IMHO
like this thread, then.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

keeping the update pressure up :) I don't think they ever will...the effort to keep up with Decibel or smt like that would be too high for such a niche product for SPL...

There are tons of other VSTs out there which are not really maintained at all (no bugfix, no Apple M1 update in years etc.) but their webshops still list these products at full price.
That's kinda ripoff IMHO. We need a quality index here on the KVR database, like "update speed" or "updates in the last 12 months". Would make you buying decision much easier, esp. on Black Friday ;)
Mac Mini M2Pro, Logic X, Live 11, Push2, S1 V6, Atom SQ, VirusTI2 Desktop, Korg Minilogue xd, Adam A7V, Neumann KH120II, RME, KOMPLETE KONTROL...

Return to “Effects”