Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am Civil War / Nulcear War / Climate Change / AI overlords are all much more likely to get us first.
LOL. On that we agree! :tu:

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:32 am I reckon we have to wait 5 years til they come up with a brand new browser and sell it as an exciting new feature.
:tu:

The marketing department at NI will find a way to put a seriously glossy spin on it :lol:
No auto tune...

So this is the new sad state of NI thread then?

So super 8 was released as a realtor instrument, then turned into a vst3 plugin and then turned back into a reaktor instrument? I'm slightly confused about this as I've only used the vst3 plugin. I do quite enjoy it for simple Roland style sounds, but the interface has all the bits I don't enjoy about reaktor based gear.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm So this is the new sad state of NI thread then?
Every NI thread on KVR Audio is a "Sad state of NI" thread. That's the sad state of KVR.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 pm So super 8 was released as a realtor instrument, then turned into a vst3 plugin and then turned back into a reaktor instrument?
It rather used to be a Reaktor instrument, then they tried something by releasing it as VST3, didn't think it was worthwhile, and then discontinued the VST3 version in favour of the Reaktor version.

The VST3 version had some bugs anyway, the most major one being that, when you detuned the second oscillator by semitones, it could happen that you couldn't detune it anymore properly, as it often skip some values.

Did someone add a mono legato mode in a Reaktor mod of super 8?

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 pm So super 8 was released as a realtor instrument, then turned into a vst3 plugin and then turned back into a reaktor instrument?
It rather used to be a Reaktor instrument, then they tried something by releasing it as VST3, didn't think it was worthwhile, and then discontinued the VST3 version in favour of the Reaktor version.

The VST3 version had some bugs anyway, the most major one being that, when you detuned the second oscillator by semitones, it could happen that you couldn't detune it anymore properly, as it often skip some values.
That's a bizarre history, but NI does weird stuff all the time. I've not had any issues with the vst3 and that's what I'm still using. I don't really like loading up instruments in reaktor if I don't have to.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm So this is the new sad state of NI thread then?
How else can you characterize Native Instruments except as a “sad state of affairs”? I suppose the writing was on the wall from the very beginning. NI has been hell bent on going out of business by developing one over-engineered, cold-sounding plugin after another with their crowning “achievement” being Massive X (aka Massive Failure). Even Kontakt’s interface makes more sense, and that is saying A LOT! Native just needed to make the original Massive sound better and that would have continued to sell very well. But nope, they just had to embark on a super expensive, quixotic attempt to develop “the world’s most powerful synthesizer.” Please.

Incidentally, do you know what Spectrasonics’ motto is? “Powerfully simple.” Whereas NI’s has always been “Simply Powerful.” Guess who won in the end?

That’s why Super 8 was such a breath of fresh air. Here was a good sounding, easy-to-use plugin. From Native Instruments! But NI had to f*** that up as well. If any company actually deserves to go out of business it’s NI for squandering such a golden opportunity. Hubris and stupidity is never a good mix.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm

That's a bizarre history, but NI does weird stuff all the time. I've not had any issues with the vst3 and that's what I'm still using.
Have you tried detuning the second oscillators by semitones? Try to detune it, up and down.

Hallo Spaceboy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 amIt has maybe the worst interface of any software instrument, ever.
Not even a longshot, there are way worse looking plugins out there.
Hallo Spaceboy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 pmNI has been hell bent on going out of business by developing one over-engineered, cold-sounding plugin after another with their crowning “achievement” being Massive X
Oh and now we know this is another burner account for ex machina/Fashionista from GS. :D :D :D

Duplicate post.
Last edited by Hallo Spaceboy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm Not even a longshot, there are way worse looking plugins out there.
Oh, there are definitely worse looking UIs than Kontakt's (although it's pretty fuggly as well). But I can't think of many interfaces that are that convoluted and unnecessarily complex.

It's deliciously ironic that Native Instruments fanboys used to relentlessly mock Spectrasonics' Atmosphere and then Omnisphere as being "ROMplers" not worthy of any serious Electronic musician. And now stupid ass ROMplers, i.e., sample-based Kontakt instruments with dumbed down front panels (because the instrument's actual UI is so inscrutable) are the only thing keeping NI in business. :lol:
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm Oh and now we know this is another burner account for ex machina/Fashionista from GS.
That's one way to try to shut down anything you obviously can't bear to hear. Excuse the person of creating a "burner account." Sure, whatever. At least I don't go around making excuses for Native Instruments poor decisions in nearly every post.

Kontakt's UI isn't really convoluted or unnecessarily complex, it just isn't trying to look like new iZotope plug-ins. In any case, there is only so much you can fit within a UI without it becoming cramped, and developers still have to use HD display targets as the common demoninator. The majority of PCs - laptops and desktops - out in the wild are rocking HD displays.

Look at other Samplers like HALion, Falcon, etc. They all have UIs that become overwhelmingly information-dense when using them for real, complicated tasks work.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Hey guys

Can we get back to the topic? Super 8

Return to “Instruments”