MDrummer - remove accidentally imported loops

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was importing sample libraries into MDrummer to build drumkits and accidentally imported longer loops. Is there a quick way to remove them? Luckily they are folders named Loops, I'm just not sure how it works regarding file system / database once they have been imported. Thx

The solution depends on what you did exactly (there are different ways to 'import' stuff).
When you say 'importing sample libraries' was it from Main menu> Analyze and import a sample library ?
Where are these 'folders named Loops'? Are you on Windows or Mac?

goldglob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 am The solution depends on what you did exactly (there are different ways to 'import' stuff).
When you say 'importing sample libraries' was it from Main menu> Analyze and import a sample library ?
Where are these 'folders named Loops'? Are you on Windows or Mac?
Yes, Menu > Analyze.
I imported my Loop Loft folders from my samples hard drive, some of them had loops in sub folders that were imported as well. I’m on Windows.

Thanks!

Main menu> Analyze and import a sample library...creates Drumset files in Drumsets/ Imported (not Samples/ Imported), which when loaded point to the original samples location, so does not actually import (copy/move) the samples.
I'd say all you need to do is delete the Loops folder either by finding the Drumsets/ Imported folder on your hard drive or just directly within MD by using the delete button in DRUMSET EDITOR/ DRUMSET TOOLBAR/ Load.
Bear in mind that if during the analyse/import process you chose the option to generate components (as well as generate complete drumsets) then you should also look for 'imported' folders in your components directory E.G. Drumsets/ Components/ Bass drum 1/ Imported....
Another approach would be to start again by using 'Delete all imported drumsets and components' (in the first page of the analyzer) then re-organize your sample library so that just what you want is scooped up...if not a problem.
Hope this helps.

goldglob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm Main menu> Analyze and import a sample library...creates Drumset files in Drumsets/ Imported (not Samples/ Imported), which when loaded point to the original samples location, so does not actually import (copy/move) the samples.
I'd say all you need to do is delete the Loops folder either by finding the Drumsets/ Imported folder on your hard drive or just directly within MD by using the delete button in DRUMSET EDITOR/ DRUMSET TOOLBAR/ Load.
Bear in mind that if during the analyse/import process you chose the option to generate components (as well as generate complete drumsets) then you should also look for 'imported' folders in your components directory E.G. Drumsets/ Components/ Bass drum 1/ Imported....
Another approach would be to start again by using 'Delete all imported drumsets and components' (in the first page of the analyzer) then re-organize your sample library so that just what you want is scooped up...if not a problem.
Hope this helps.
Excellent. Thank you so much.

It would be cool if you could 'ignore loops' as a setting so that it only imports hits.

Cheers

thank you

Return to “MeldaProduction”