Orb Composer S 1.5.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Hello,
I am using Orb Composer but I don't know if it is possible to make Orb Composer master of the DAW (I am using Studio One).
Or the DAW master of Orb composer?
By now I just get Studio One as master for Orb Composer... In restarting from the beginning of a session track.
But I can't start from anywhere in the session track with the sync point. Orb Composer is restarting from the beginning.

Is there a solution to start in the middle of the track and in same time keeping the sync with Orb Composer?
(whithout going back to the start point which Orb actually doesn't by now).

Thank you in advance
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

Botox1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm
sbusso wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 am Crashed after 5 minutes and new plugins crashed twice my DAW and twice the OS in 20 minutes. When i see comment history, I wonder why this software is still online. A lot of issues, paid minor upgrades, bad support, but yet new products and upgrade every few months to get money from existing users. So bad, the interface looks good and the generator are not too bad (no AI there)
Are you speaking about Orb Composer 1.5.1?
I have 1.5.1 Pro and it crashes even without VSTs.
There should be a free update to a stable version,
and until then the Producer Suite for free.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

commerce wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:41 pm
Botox1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm
sbusso wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 am Crashed after 5 minutes and new plugins crashed twice my DAW and twice the OS in 20 minutes. When i see comment history, I wonder why this software is still online. A lot of issues, paid minor upgrades, bad support, but yet new products and upgrade every few months to get money from existing users. So bad, the interface looks good and the generator are not too bad (no AI there)
Are you speaking about Orb Composer 1.5.1?
I have 1.5.1 Pro and it crashes even without VSTs.
There should be a free update to a stable version,
and until then the Producer Suite for free.
Are you on Mac, PC ?
Number of RAM ?

A minimum of 64 Gb RAM is require, before, I had a lot of crash with 8Gb RAM in using Orb composer as stand alone. So it is better to use a DAW for the Samples like Logic, Fk studio or cubase or Studio one. Like this you don't use the RAM for Orb composer which can be connected wich the DAW.

With 64Gb RAM I get 24Gb to work on a Macpro 5.1 ... With no problem.

May be try to reinstall Orb composer.
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

Botox1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:06 amAre you on Mac, PC ?
Number of RAM ?

A minimum of 64 Gb RAM is require, before, I had a lot of crash with 8Gb RAM in using Orb composer as stand alone. So it is better to use a DAW for the Samples like Logic, Fk studio or cubase or Studio one.
Minimum System Requirements

RAM: 1 GB.
more GB RAM recommended for VST instruments loaded in your DAW
I have Windows
16 GB RAM

I do not need any DAW or VSTs at the same time.

I have Windows
16 GB RAM
I do not need any DAW or VSTs at the same time.
RAM: 1 GB (for Orb Composer basic running I guess), 32 GB RAM is recommended (required for your VST instruments loaded in your DAW... Or in Orb Composer).

If you are using ORB composer alone,
without any instruments, it is strange...

I had a lot of problem with all the instrument loaded directly in Orb composer. The use orchestral template makes orb crashed from the start loading process. It is why I use now Studio one as DAW to load all the instruments in the templates.
And after a lot of bugs with previous versions, I get no problems now with the 1.5.1 version. It is stable on my mac.

Did you tried to reinstall the application?
Or
maybe try to download the demo version just to check if the problem is the same.

Are you still using Orb Composer Pro?

Hmmm... Looking at their website Orb Composer Artist and Pro are nowhere to be seen. Only Orb Producer suite and Orb Synth are for sale. I don't know, but it looks like they have abandoned the whole Composer line.

It does not really surprise me, because for me the Producer suite is far more usable and more easy to use, but I think it's strange. I still have the Composer Artist version (although I honestly have not used it since I got the Producer suite), but I wonder why all Composer stuff is gone.

There are two possibilities. Or they discontinue the whole Composer line and concentrate on the Producer suite, OR they come with a massive update for the Composer line. My take is that the first possibility will turn out to be true. That leaves the question if support for Composer is dropped too.

All of this speculation is, of course, based on the present Orb Composer website. If somebody see some changes or has better information I would like to hear it.

I remember reading somewhere that they haven't abandoned Orb Composer, and they're working on a new update they expect to come out iirc in a few months. Pro and Artist are still available at Plugin Boutique.

This is indeed strange, that would mean they drop their professional line for a product that has lots of competing products (like Captain plugins) and for a synth that definitely has NO chance at all with all the new stuff like vital and all the already existing ones (and as even the u-he stuff is on sale now....). Strange.

tatanka wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:22 pm This is indeed strange, that would mean they drop their professional line for a product that has lots of competing products (like Captain plugins) and for a synth that definitely has NO chance at all with all the new stuff like vital and all the already existing ones (and as even the u-he stuff is on sale now....). Strange.
Well, they drop a product that did never work (at least not more than 5 minutes in a row). I got Artist 'til 1.5, it never has reached a state that I would call usable.

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm
tatanka wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:22 pm This is indeed strange, that would mean they drop their professional line for a product that has lots of competing products (like Captain plugins) and for a synth that definitely has NO chance at all with all the new stuff like vital and all the already existing ones (and as even the u-he stuff is on sale now....). Strange.
Well, they drop a product that did never work (at least not more than 5 minutes in a row). I got Artist 'til 1.5, it never has reached a state that I would call usable.
The very first versions of Orb Composer were actually quite nice. It went seriously downhill when they added VST support.

The new plugins are much better.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

msorrels wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:24 am I upgraded my 1.4 Pro version today, but to be honest I wish I hadn't. The new version really doesn't improve things all that much. Very underwhelmed. That and the new version can't read old project files and your old version won't open any more (they share licensing details or something I guess, starting the old 1.4 asks for a serial number, which isn't in my account anymore. I'm afraid if I were to enter it, it would disable the 1.5 version (I still have the old 1.4 number).
I'm half tempted to just uninstall it and get rid of the zillion MIDI devices they insist on adding.
I have recently started having issues with my assigned license in Orb Composer as well. I just submitted a ticket with them to hopefully get things sorted out. In my case, I never even upgraded the software. I just hadn't run the software on my computer in a while and when I finally got around to trying it again recently, it unexpectedly started asking for a serial number even though it had been already activated. Interestingly, Hexachords banned my registration email address from creating support tickets even though the email address is still the one that shows as purchasing the license and I can access my serial numbers still through that email. Oddly, they only invalidated Orb Composer and not the other software I purchased. I'm still mad that they did this without asking me first. Now, I'm just waiting for their response. I hope that they managed to get all your licensing issues fixed.

As Orb Composer is no longer as product on the Hexachord site (since at least a year, maybe longer) I am afraid it is kind of "abandonware" now and they wont care much about it. I can be wrong of course but......

Luckily I just managed to make Orb Producer Suite work on my machine (was bugged at the moment of purchase). Need to admit Composer was quite a chore to use.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

tatanka wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:08 pm As Orb Composer is no longer as product on the Hexachord site (since at least a year, maybe longer) I am afraid it is kind of "abandonware" now and they wont care much about it. I can be wrong of course but......
It think you are right.

Why would they remove Orb Composer from the website of the same name (orb-composer.com) ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”