Uhbik 2.0 - Concepts & Roadmap

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zipede wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:11 am Is there a user manual for 2.0, I thought I saw a link somewhere in the forum a while back, but can't seem to find it now.
If you mean preliminary manual for Uhbik-C, it was posted here by Howard:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=534519&p=7680866&h ... l#p7680866

, and the link was

download/file.php?id=27909

Lati wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:29 pm
Zipede wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:11 am Is there a user manual for 2.0, I thought I saw a link somewhere in the forum a while back, but can't seem to find it now.
If you mean preliminary manual for Uhbik-C, it was posted here by Howard:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=534519&p=7680866&h ... l#p7680866

, and the link was

download/file.php?id=27909
Thank you, that was the one. I search the two Uhbik threads and couldn't find it, I must be blind.

Hi, I would like to ask the developers if they could extract the VU meter from Satin to a new standalone UHBIK-M or UHBIK-VU plugin? With gain setting capabilities in the range of +/- 60dB.

That's a cool idea, Travis… meanwhile if it's any help to anybody there's an excellent and versatile FREE VU meter you can d/l right nowfrom TBPro Audio with a sweet GUI for mac or windows https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/mvmeter2 thanks to your post I opened it to look up the name and discovered there's an update
Traverser wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:40 am Hi, I would like to ask the developers if they could extract the VU meter from Satin to a new standalone UHBIK-M or UHBIK-VU plugin? With gain setting capabilities in the range of +/- 60dB.

Urs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:01 pm more meaningful modulation targets. Discussing those things is one of the main incentives to post a public alpha

and new filter modes to Runciter. .
Have been thinking not so much targets as other kinds of modulators for example, in addition to MAPPING we have now (or the excellent pattern(s) in Uhbik-T) could we maybe have MSEGs, and/or the Shape Sequencer from HIVE?
Can Maps and all of these options also have user saved presets for these (across the line) like we do saving LFOs, ENVs, OSC settings in HIVE?

Would love more filters in Runciter – could one of them be the excellent FEG Resonators we have in Zebra HZ now? I thought I’d seen it them in another U-He plug but maybe just because I was using the new Zebra so much
Urs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:01 pm 1. About Uhbik 2 concepts:

PS:
1) a MATCH EQ function would be sweet

Logic has one stock EQ that handles it, but AFAIK it's missing from most stock & third party EQs

re more thoughts about names ~ was delighted to see the word Ubiquity which never occurred to me after all this time. Somehow, I thought Uhbik was an obscure Phillip K Dick reference 8) also on names ~ funny considering that it is a fave standout for me, I have at times spaced out & overlooked Runciter simply because it's not named Uhbik-R and fell off the radar
Urs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:01 pm Discuss,

- U

Will the reverb algorithm be the same than in Diva ?

They are different. I might get around to including Diva's in Uhbik, too.

Really hoping for an M1 alpha soon, on Sonoma the old Alpha versions are unusable at this point, they crash constantly

Traverser wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:40 am Hi, I would like to ask the developers if they could extract the VU meter from Satin to a new standalone UHBIK-M or UHBIK-VU plugin? With gain setting capabilities in the range of +/- 60dB.
THIS! A metering tool or analyzer would be awesome to have in the toolbox! :love:

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:27 pm They are different. I might get around to including Diva's in Uhbik, too.
Please do. There are not enough good quality reverbs available on linux. :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Ive messaged this in the other post so quoting me but

I wish the flanger was a bit more full featured but damn its sounding amazing as it is and maybe you don't have any desire to add anything to it at this point but its missing 1-2 details to be the best flanger around imho

Adding to a flanger damping and polarity inversion would be soo amazing
its perfectly implemented there in this flanger even tho its generally just less better but the sound is nailed https://yhedral.gumroad.com/l/KdaNl
Also having the possibility to automate the channels flanger rather than use the inside LFO would be perfect for bitwig users and clap format too

btw whats the new roadmap ?

tlkmx wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:18 pm btw whats the new roadmap ?
It seems that most of the tasks in the surround/sidechain department have been done. They guys are currently evaluating another sub project, which should finally enable us to display EQ frequencies in Hz. This project was on ice for four years, and it's been some work to get it up to date.

As I'm currently in Zebralette/Superbooth tunnel vision mode, and doing remote work for the next three weeks, I'm not 100% sure what's happening next. I do know though that those aforementioned projects were the main showstoppers for Uhbik. I think they're on a good path, and the missing contribution from me should start happening once Zebralette 3 is final. I'm targeting August for latter.

What can one do to access M1 beta :D

Return to “u-he”