Arturia Xmas Gift Reverb PLATE-140

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.arturia.com/reverb-gift

Santa is very generous this year, get it before 25 Dec
:party:

The server is being hammered, so I can't get it and I'm still waiting for Raum to appear as well. But pretty cool to get two quality (I have to assume!) reverbs for free within 24 hours.

Santa needs to add servercapacity first, then give away a free plugin!
Site kept crashing and loading really slow all evening, gave up for now.

There’s plenty of time before the 25th :D
I’d probably assume 2 other paid reverbs coming soon from them

honestly, it's a mess-up, now I'm going to be associating the Arturia website with 504 Gateway Time-Out and sub-consciously not want to go there, because wtf, don't have 504 gateway error on your site if you're going to invite people over.

mimimi…

Why is so difficult to understand for many that it's basicially impossible for somewhat bigger companies to accommodate for all customer peaks?

Are they supposed to pay the whole year for much larger traffic rates because they have one or the other promotion now and then and due to this experience an extreme rise in traffic for a few hours?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Anyone tried it? Any pictures?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

acYm wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 pm honestly, it's a mess-up, now I'm going to be associating the Arturia website with 504 Gateway Time-Out and sub-consciously not want to go there, because wtf, don't have 504 gateway error on your site if you're going to invite people over.
get a grip and be patient ffs
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

The website's not working for me, but Arturia Software Center started up fine. I successfully installed Rev Plate-140 and updated Easel with no trouble at all.

Sounds nice. The drive is a nice touch. It's a bit different from ValhallaPlate and I'll probably use it once in a while. Not as much control but more authentically that specific model, I suppose.

...on the other hand, it gives an error about not being able to save a VST3 preset when I try to save a project with it, close it, close Bitwig, etc. So maybe I won't be using it that much :P

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:14 pm
acYm wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 pm honestly, it's a mess-up, now I'm going to be associating the Arturia website with 504 Gateway Time-Out and sub-consciously not want to go there, because wtf, don't have 504 gateway error on your site if you're going to invite people over.
get a grip and be patient ffs
This!

I've got it working now and it's pretty great on vocals.

jens wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:45 pm mimimi…

Why is so difficult to understand for many that it's basicially impossible for somewhat bigger companies to accommodate for all customer peaks?

Are they supposed to pay the whole year for much larger traffic rates because they have one or the other promotion now and then and due to this experience an extreme rise in traffic for a few hours?
It’s not really impossible anymore with cloud infrastructures. You can automatically scale up capacity on demand etc, and a lot of companies use content distribution providers like Akamai to handle downloads. It may not make sense to Arturia from a business perspective, who knows, but many on-line businesses use these type of solutions nowadays.

foosnark wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 pm The website's not working for me, but Arturia Software Center started up fine. I successfully installed Rev Plate-140 and updated Easel with no trouble at all.
When I load up and run the Software Center, there is no sign of the new reverb anywhere, so I'm not sure how you actually managed to get it this way.

The EMT Plate 140 is still the holy grail of the plate-reverbs ;) The UAD EMT 140 was always one of the best platereverbs for me but since I don't use the UAD anymore... ValhallaPlate is close but a bit different IMO.
A free gift from Arturia and then another Plate 140... hmm... what's the catch ;)

Return to “Effects”