Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 am (just wait till we include our aliasing free output clipper/saturator, hehehe)
I can't wait. :D

Urs wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 am (just wait till we include our aliasing free output clipper/saturator, hehehe)
Dear Urs,

I know I asked this question a while back, but I just want to make sure if this is still going to happen. Will we be able to use the effects in Repro on our input audio when CLAP is implemented thoroughly?
Last edited by limitlesssss on Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I do not know. There's a ticket her for that, but it isn't the highest of priorities as long as we have Filterscape, Uhbik, general CLAP support, AAX support, Z3 stuff and what not on our plates...

Urs wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:53 am I do not know. There's a ticket her for that, but it isn't the highest of priorities as long as we have Filterscape, Uhbik, general CLAP support, AAX support, Z3 stuff and what not on our plates...
Fair enough. You single-handedly spoiled us all. And we appreciate it. I'm not sure if I've seen a more productive person than you.

oh my :love:
limitlesssss wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:58 am So do you think the delays and reverbs in Uhbik 2.0 are on par with EchoBoy, PrimalTap and SuperPlate?
Different flavours but absolutely on par yes.

i mean, to be fair, in my opinion they're better :)

Hi, u-he/Urs...

I already own most of your plugins. The only ones I have yet to purchase are Filterscape and Uhbik.

I am currently trialling both of these plugins and am interested in purchasing, but there seems to be an issue with the audio output from the VST3 versions of the Uhbik plugins in FL Studio (note: the VST2 format seems unaffected by this issue).

Basically, the audio output is extremely loud (practically doubling the volume), whenever any Uhbik plugin is added to the mixer chain, even when/if any Uhbik plugin is bypassed using its own internal byoass control. Which indicates some incompatibility/bug between its audio output and FL Studio's VST3 wrapper?

I only encountered this unexpected loudness output one other time, in an early build of Pianoteq 8 (in that instance it was only with the 'mono' output from their plugin, unlike with Uhbik). However, when I contacted Modartt support they responded thusly: "You are right, there is an issue with the VST3 mono output in FL Studio. This seems connected to the way FL Studio handles the multi-bus output of Pianoteq (it sums the output of all buses, the main stereo + the 3 mono auxiliary buses -- I don’t know if there is a switch in FL Studio to change that unexpected behaviour)."

Either way, they managed to fix that audio level issue in their subsequent VST3 update and the audio levels were back to normal. I don't know if this will help you fix the similar issue? in your VST3 format for Uhbik, or if you have a newer build available, where this has already been fixed? (please see below for the version I installed...)

Any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

Plugin version: Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02 rev. 9629 Win 64-bit VST3
DAW: FL Studio 21.0.3.3517 64-bit
System: Windows 11 64-bit 22H2 22621.2134

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:22 pm Any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

Plugin version: Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02 rev. 9629 Win 64-bit VST3
Please note that these are alpha versions, not even beta. Problems are expected, esp. since these are four years old.
As written so many times already, we will resume work on Uhbik 2.0 later this year.
Until then, please use the VST2 version of the alpha or the official release version.
The alphas are not officially production ready.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:22 pm The only ones I have yet to purchase are Filterscape and Uhbik.
The new Filterscape is a worthwhile purchase. I especially like Filterscape VA. I don't have any other synth that has the functionality of the Snapshot EQ. It's pretty unique! It's very useful for fine tuning presets... and of course you can do some unusual stuff with it too.

MFM2 Also went kinda unnoticed by me for a long while... demoed it after Filterscape (which I also kinda ignored for years) and bought it right away. While in the rush I also re-bought ACE (which license I sold for whatever stupid reason) to complete the catalog. I now can't purchase anything anymore from u-he since I own everything (including sound sets...well not the last two for Hive......but anyway)
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Here we are, a month later. Filterscape has been released (and a lovely thing it is). As I understand it, Uhbik was to get focus at this juncture. Is there any progress you can share with us about it at this time Urs? Any tidbit would be appreciated.
On a number of Macs

My understanding of things going on at u-he suggests Uhbiks are getting some work done right now

I went on vacation right after Filterscape release, some others too. We will have some meetings next week, probably talking about Uhbik, but then we'll be in Bristol for a few days.

Urs wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:00 pm I went on vacation right after Filterscape release, some others too. We will have some meetings next week, probably talking about Uhbik, but then we'll be in Bristol for a few days.
Thanks for the update, Urs. What happens in Bristol?
On a number of Macs

What happens in Bristol stays in Bristol

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:33 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:00 pm I went on vacation right after Filterscape release, some others too. We will have some meetings next week, probably talking about Uhbik, but then we'll be in Bristol for a few days.
Thanks for the update, Urs. What happens in Bristol?

https://sonicstate.com/news/2023/07/25/ ... sept-30th/

Return to “u-he”