Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Enjoy your vacations, you guys have earned it. And thanks for the wonderful work you did on Filterscape.

I look forward to your future offerings. ☺️

Hi, I've just installed the latest version of Uhbik VST3. When I load it I'm asked which effect I want loaded. Then it only loads that one effect. So I looked in the VST3 folder and found that there is only one VST3 file, what's going on here? Why isn't there a file for each of the Uhbik FX? Do I need to manually create them by copy and paste? That seems to do the job, but I don't understand why users should be doing this.

All plug-in formats have a way to expose to the host multiple plug-ins from the same executable binary. In VST2 this used to have some issues, but we've been doing it with AU since 2002, as we are now doing it in VST3, AAX and CLAP. We are also doing it in VST2 on Linux.

Combining several plug-ins in a single executable has many advantages, from faster scanning, smaller memory footprint to shared resources and faster processing if more than one plug-in is used at the same time.

In short: All plug-ins reside in the same file, there is no need to copy anything.

Thanks for the quick response.
I understand and it makes sense, but on first run, I'm asked which to use, then I never get asked again, so it opens only one plugin without a choice.

It's like setting a file association. If you set a file association for text files to be open with Notepad++ then want to open that file in CudaText, you can't unless you edit the registry. How is this supposed to work exactly?

What host do you use? It might make sense to contact the developer...

I'm just testing them with NanoHost, perhaps that's the problem. My host is MuLab, I don't use any others. MuLab doesn't support VST3, but the dev is looking into it currently, hence why I've decided to try them out.

So... when you load a VST3 into your DAW, does it ask what to load then? Everytime you load it you get this option to choose what to load, is that right?

Is it the same with CLAP too?

No, you usually get them listed individually in the plug-in list of the host. From a user experience there's no difference between individual files and one single file in, hmm, I guess all other hosts.

As MuLab supports CLAP now and as I know the dev is making an effort, I suggest using CLAP once we post new versions.

sl23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:14 am So... when you load a VST3 into your DAW, does it ask what to load then? Everytime you load it you get this option to choose what to load, is that right?
No, hosts will typically display each of the included plugins as a separate plugin, despite there being just one single .vst3 file. You should not have to choose which one to load each time.

Some hosts, like FL Studio, will not be able to correctly identify all included plugins if they just do a regular scan. In FL Studio, for example, there is an option called "verify plugins". This has to be activated so the host can do a deep scan to find all the included plugins and correctly display each one as an individual plugin.

I have no idea if Nanohost has an option do do such a scan.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Ok thanks for the info. :tu:
Btw, it wasn't NanoHost, that's VST2 only, I use SaviHost for testing VST3, my mistake.
When using SaviHost, you are asked which plugin to load on the first run, then it automatically chooses that same plugin everytime. It's obviously not intended for this usage so that explains the issue I'm having.

For some reason MFM 2.5, and Filterscape crash REAPER, Acoustica 7, Audacity. I'm sure it's a me problem. Otherwise people would've said something by now. It's always been like that by the way, so maybe it's my version of Windows.

limitlesssss wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:32 pm For some reason MFM 2.5, and Filterscape crash REAPER, Acoustica 7, Audacity.
We can help, it's probably an easy fix. But for such things it's always better to contact our support directly.

https://u-he.com/support/#contact
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:00 pm I went on vacation right after Filterscape release, some others too. We will have some meetings next week, probably talking about Uhbik, but then we'll be in Bristol for a few days.
I hope you all enjoyed vacation time. Anyway, here we are,30 days later and I’m wondering if you’d be willing to share any Uhbik progress with us today? How goes it so far?
On a number of Macs

Really excited for Uhbik 2.0. These have historically been some of my favorite effects. Much more powerful than they look. Hope the new versions will allow more under-the-hood tweaking for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

Could we see some new screenshots please? Especially the Delay and Reverb modules.

I don't know what state these are in. Our UI Designer has been excessively busy, and I think he's mostly waiting for Uhbik to get finalised features before continuing...

Return to “u-he”