Krotos Audio Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Concept 2

Examigan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:15 pm Krotos Concept 2 and some others items are on Humble Bundle now.
https://www.humblebundle.com/software
Edit: sorted. Downloading.

Gave it a try tonight. Prob the worst factory sounds I've heard. The visuals in the centre gave me the shits, and I doubt it will last long on my HD. I'll give the granular osc a chance at the weekend, but won't get my hopes up

I very much doubt the 'artist' presets were actually made by those people, unless they have all had a stroke at the same time

Really? We use it for all sorts of things, mostly just factory sounds with a bit of tweaking. The concept behind the "visuals in the centre" is absolutely f**king brilliant - one place to set up and assign all your modulation.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

the granular sampler is the best part of this synth
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Its officially abundant now if they sell it for 1$… Too bad - I still like it…

I picked this up mainly for the foley libraries and didn't expect much from the synths, but I'm finding I quite like Concept. The workflow is actually pretty good and so is the granular engine. It feels a bit like a stripped down version of Pigments, but with a couple of other tricks up its sleeve.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 amIts officially abundant now if they sell it for 1$… Too bad - I still like it…
They are trying to make money for a charity, FFS! And all you pricks want to do is complain. Unbelievable! a new low for KVR.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:21 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 amIts officially abundant now if they sell it for 1$… Too bad - I still like it…
They are trying to make money for a charity, FFS! And all you p***** want to do is complain. Unbelievable! a new low for KVR.
Default Donation
£0.39 to Krotos Audio
£0.04 to Alzheimer’s Research UK

Majority goes to Humble themselves. Charity organisations should be able to make money, but I was pretty appalled that the charity get only a few percent. I customised my donation to skew it a bit better. It's a great idea and something I'm happy to support, but just wish it was a bit more clearly charitable.

swilow11 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am Majority goes to Humble themselves. Charity organisations should be able to make money, but I was pretty appalled that the charity get only a few percent. I customised my donation to skew it a bit better. It's a great idea and something I'm happy to support, but just wish it was a bit more clearly charitable.
that's why you should always review their books through intermediaries like charity navigator...charities and non-profits are some of the biggest hustles worldwide...you would be surprised how many charities collect revenue, get exempt from taxes and then only spend less than 50% incoming on the actual programs...they spend most of the money collected on exorbitant "Mangement" and "admin" salaries for the founders and boards...the whole segment is rife with corruption.
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

agharta wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 amDefault Donation
£0.39 to Krotos Audio
£0.04 to Alzheimer’s Research UK
If that's your choice, it is yet another low point for KVR and the self-centred sociopaths who seem to dominate around here. If you wanted to, you could choose to give more to charity and less to Krotos. The split is your choice. They've raised over 6 grand, which is 6 grand more than Alzheimer's UK would have if Krotos didn't participate. What a bunch of c**ts, eh? How dare they take 39p for a 100 quid plugin. Greedy f**king bastards!

bermudagold wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 am
swilow11 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am Majority goes to Humble themselves. Charity organisations should be able to make money, but I was pretty appalled that the charity get only a few percent. I customised my donation to skew it a bit better. It's a great idea and something I'm happy to support, but just wish it was a bit more clearly charitable.
that's why you should always review their books through intermediaries like charity navigator...charities and non-profits are some of the biggest hustles worldwide...you would be surprised how many charities collect revenue, get exempt from taxes and then only spend less than 50% incoming on the actual programs...they spend most of the money collected on exorbitant "Mangement" and "admin" salaries for the founders and boards...the whole segment is rife with corruption.
Getting off topic, but I don't have an issue with charities making money. We want the best people with the best minds doing this work, and financial incentives work to attract those types of people. And of course there is corruption- charities are run by humans after all.

Back on topic, Concept 2 is actually a really nice plugin. Really easy to make droning soundscapey stuff, decent FX. The centre panel is unnecessarily huge. Would certainly have paid more than $1.50 for it.

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 am ... The concept behind the "visuals in the centre" is absolutely f**king brilliant ...
Yea that "concept" isn't too bad, far from brilliant, but not bad.
The point is that it's looking absolutely f**king disgusting. Having to stare at that oversized and overcolored, constantly moving sh*t all the time makes me wanna vomit within 20 seconds.
WTF were they thinking?

Pretty much the first thing I did was to look if there's a way to alter the GUI. But seems that sh*t is hardcoded :cry:
Couldn't use this Synth if it was the last one on Earth. That "f**king brilliant" monster right in the middle provides a brilliant headache, nothing else.

Couldn't agree more

Return to “Instruments”