Krotos Audio Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Concept 2

deepspacevision wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:13 amThe point is that it's looking absolutely f**king disgusting. Having to stare at that oversized and overcolored, constantly moving sh*t all the time makes me wanna vomit within 20 seconds.
Well maybe you need to see a doctor?
WTF were they thinking?
That people are mostly normal? Because I am a graphic artist by trade and I see nothing at all wrong with the GUI, from a design or aesthetic perspective. But it's a synthesiser, I am not all that concerned about how it looks, as long as it functions well and, honestly, I can only think of one better GUI paradigm that I've encountered in my 40-odd years of synth ownership.
Pretty much the first thing I did was to look if there's a way to alter the GUI. But seems that sh*t is hardcoded :cry:
You can't have looked too hard because there's a dark/light option.
That "f**king brilliant" monster right in the middle provides a brilliant headache, nothing else.
Again, it sounds like a trip to your local GP could be in order. Because here's the thing - I look at a synth's GUI for the two or three minutes it takes me to get the sound I want. After that, I often never need to look at it again. So that's hundreds of hours of listening to how good it sounds, versus a few minutes getting the sound. To be fair, in the case of Concept, everything we use it in uses a tweak on the Default preset but I'm fine with that because the default preset sounds f**king awesome. I don't need every synth I own to be capable of doing every sound imaginable. If I can find a use for it in a handful of songs, then it's earned its keep.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I mean, the front panel IS too big but folks saying it makes them want to vomit sound outright hysterical.

BONES wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 amBecause I am a graphic artist by trade and I see nothing at all wrong with the GUI, from a design or aesthetic perspective.
You're a brave customer to state that in public, I give you that.
BONES wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 amYou can't have looked too hard because there's a dark/light option.
What an amazingly dumb comment lmao. You aren't the brightest, are you?
BONES wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 amWell maybe you need to see a doctor?
The doctor said using Concept2 causes eye cancer.
BONES wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 amI look at a synth's GUI for the two or three minutes
So you're literally saying you're not really using this thing besides throwing in some preset sounds taken from it. All clear, no further investigation needed.

This Synth is trash visually, and hasn't a lot to offer soundwise. The fact that it comes with some nicely crafted presets can't conceal this. Its' price tag is insulting for what it does, currently almost 150 bucks at PluginBoutique. There's freeware that offers the same, and stuff for half of the price that has a lot more.
My guess is you were dumb enough to pay the full price for this piece of junk, hence you're defending it.
For my part, I'll grab the samples and IRs and then wipe this ugly thing from the system.

Lastly, every cent earned via the Humble Bundle should go to an eye cancer foundation 8)

deepspacevision wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 am Lastly, every cent earned via the Humble Bundle should go to an eye cancer foundation 8)
somehow, I get the impression you're just upset you can't pimp skins for it on gumroad.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 amsomehow, I get the impression you're just upset you can't pimp skins for it on gumroad.
:) That's a good one, honestly. Nice sense of humour :tu:

But that's not the reason. Can't even tell what it is exactly (besides the interface of course), but this piece of software annoys me as hell.
I'll get rid of it and hopefully don't have to hear and see it ever again.

I don't think it would be hyperbolic to say that the UI designer is worse than Hitler. Seriously, people are strangely extreme on the most irrelevant of issues.

I'm not yet won over completely by Concept but the price was absurdly generous and I'm happy to give a little money to charity. Even if I only find one sound that I like, it's worth it.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

deepspacevision wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 amWhat an amazingly dumb comment lmao. You aren't the brightest, are you?
No, I use the dark theme. You said flat-out that there was nothing you could do about the GUI, which is patently false. Sorry for pointing it out to you.
So you're literally saying you're not really using this thing besides throwing in some preset sounds taken from it. All clear, no further investigation needed.
Of course that's "all" I'm doing with it, that's what the f**king thing is made for, FFS! If you're not actually interested in using it for anything, then you probably haven't noticed how quickly it allows you to do what you need to and move on.
This Synth is trash visually.
Lucky the audience is going to see it, then, eh?
Its' price tag is insulting for what it does, currently almost 150 bucks at PluginBoutique. There's freeware that offers the same, and stuff for half of the price that has a lot more.
Or 51 cents from humble.com. Gotta shop around, dude, or at least reading the f**king thread so that you have some f**king context before you go off half-cocked.
My guess is you were dumb enough to pay the full price for this piece of junk, hence you're defending it.
$39, I think. It was a few years ago now and in that time it has more than justified what I spent on it. I've only spent $99 on one plugin, ever, and also on a couple of sample libraries. I agree it's not worth $150, I can't think of any plugin that is. I'm pretty sure full price was $99 when it launched which, admittedly, I'd also have struggled to see value in. But for 50c it's an absolute f**king steal.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”