Mod Appreciation Thread

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:17 pm
excuse me please wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 am Are you going to ramble in every mod related thread now? Cheer up, dude.
if a MOD does not give a good reason for banning me from posting in a forum section then what are you supposed to do?
Nothing. Mods don't have to explain their decisions to everyone.

Remember that we're all here on behalf of the site owners. This is not a "free speech" society. That kind of stuff is limited to HPC, and, even there, there are rules you shouldn't exceed.

Imagine me stepping into your living room, behaving like a POS, and you can't even throw me out, because I'd argue with my right of freedom of speech. That's not how these things work, and not how they're supposed to work, because it's bad for everyone.

excuse me please wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 am Are you going to ramble in every mod related thread now? Cheer up, dude.
if a MOD does not give a good reason for banning me from posting in a forum section then what are you supposed to do? Do you think I'm going to sit back and take it when as far as I'm concerned I have not done anything wrong. I have tried to p.m a mod in the past on 2 occasion over issues and never got a reply on either occasion, so either they are not active on this forum or they just can't be arsed about replying. It's simple just give me an answer as to why i have been banned from HPC and if it's justified I'll STFU otherwise I'll carry on ranting. :x
Fair enough, just wondered why you are so upset about it.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:23 pm
if a MOD does not give a good reason for banning me from posting in a forum section then what are you supposed to do?

Remember that we're all here on behalf of the site owners. This is not a "free speech" society. That kind of stuff is limited to HPC, and, even there, there are rules you shouldn't exceed.

Imagine me stepping into your living room, behaving like a POS, and you can't even throw me out, because I'd argue with my right of freedom of speech. That's not how these things work, and not how they're supposed to work, because it's bad for everyone.
It's the other way around: the site is here because of us. Whatever you state.

Orly. The site could just close the forum, and still exist. No problem.

You didn't get the essence of my post though. It's simply not possible to provide a platform for users on the internet, and then have the wild west going on there. Just like in society in general, there are certain rules, which make the togetherness possible. Without these rules, there wouldn't be any togetherness. And, just like in society, you don't have to recite those rules everytime. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, and stuff.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:34 pm Orly. The site could just close the forum, and still exist. No problem.

You didn't get the essence of my post though. It's simply not possible to provide a platform for users on the internet, and then have the wild west going on there. Just like in society in general, there are certain rules, which make the togetherness possible. Without these rules, there wouldn't be any togetherness. And, just like in society, you don't have to recite those rules everytime.
What kind of society? Follow the leader? :hihi:
I strongly sense that no one here gets the "essence of your posts". Except you. Do you have any idea how ridiculous it would sound if I started rambling about "the essence of my posts"?

Btw you try to make your speculations sound as if it were truth itself. That's all IMO.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Woah! hang on a minute here. so a moderator can ban anyone without explanation. What if that person had not done anything wrong, I already had one mistake made against me in regard to thread location by an over zealous moderator who BTW did not apologise despite realising his mistake. Now I'm saying what have I done now? or is this another mistake or is this just some moderator who has let power go to their head and removed me because they don't agree with what I have to say regardless of whether I broke any rules or not. What is the real reason for the ban? By your logic it does not matter because moderators don't need to explain. I can see how some people would love to be a moderator on KVR then. There is free speech and then there is information control whether that is by a government or a person with power who just wants to control what you say because they don't agree with you, that is irellevent because it is wrong on every level. You are assuming that I actually broke the rules, I'm arguiing give me the evidence, so far no answer. It's really that simple.
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

and this is why we have a problem with an appreciation thread we only have 3 active moderators on the forum at least one of them does not know how to moderate fairly (mention no names) but I know who you are and clearly you obviously don't like me so you have to resort to childish behaviour by unfairly banning me. Here is a list of moderators last post dates. This is a good indication of the period of time lapsed since they last visited the forum. griels has to take first place for most useless moderator title.
MODERATOR LIST in no particular order.
griels - last post 18th August 2013 WTF are you having a laugh?

kevvvvv - last post 3 December 2020 - where are you now kevvvvv?

Nate KVR - last post December 13th 2021 - Not too bad but not exactly commited to moderating the forum

Manytonetone - last post 4th January 2021 - Not good is it manytone? considered relinquishing the title?

bluedad - last post December 21 - active. may of come across bluedad a couple of times never knew he was a mod

Chalaby - last post January 2021 - dear oh dear

Peter - last post 8th of May 2020 - Only 10 posts, how the F**k did you get a MOD job?

Meffy - last post 20th March 2020 - For some reason I thought this guy had been banned from the forum, must have been wrong or was I?

DH Miltz - last post Dec 20th 2021 - Active though I don't recall seeing him maybe moderates in forum categories I don't visit.

KVR Marketplace - Last post July 6th 2020 - 5 posts only - Really?? why bother.

Hink - - Last post 21st December - Active say no more

And where the f**k is Ben? or has he abandoned ship, maybe that's why it's sinking. A ship without a captain.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:21 pm
if a MOD does not give a good reason for banning me from posting in a forum section then what are you supposed to do? Do you think I'm going to sit back and take it when as far as I'm concerned I have not done anything wrong. I have tried to p.m a mod in the past on 2 occasion over issues and never got a reply on either occasion, so either they are not active on this forum or they just can't be arsed about replying. It's simple just give me an answer as to why i have been banned from HPC and if it's justified I'll STFU otherwise I'll carry on ranting. :x
He did just get married...give it a bit! :tu:
Who? :shrug: I mus t have missed something.

you broke the golden rule.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:42 pm and this is why we have a problem with an appreciation thread
No, we have a problem with an appreciation thread because self-entitled whiny gits are using it as a complaining thread.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:42 pmyou have to resort to childish behaviour
oh the f**king irony.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh well,since it is Christmas week and I'm feeling yuley

*holds up stick with a bit of mistletoe hanging from it*
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:13 pm you broke the golden rule.
and what might that be? don't tell me it's a secret among MODs :lol:

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:57 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:21 pm
He did just get married...give it a bit! :tu:
Who? :shrug: I mus t have missed something.
I did...

ftr many people have been banned from hpc for wishing death on people, it's no secret...you did it, you got exactly the same as others. Nothing is forever but wishing death is crossing a line and if thats what you need to do instead of being a blaming me with this pathetic passive aggressive bullshit...go somewhere else.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:48 pm
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:42 pm and this is why we have a problem with an appreciation thread
No, we have a problem with an appreciation thread because self-entitled whiny gits are using it as a complaining thread.
TROLL ALERT!!!

Return to “Site Stuff”