Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karljazz wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:32 am Recently, I noticed a newcomer in the fraud world Michael Hermina
He already had three KVR accounts, all of which were banned
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=598318
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=607584
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=602379

The initial FB account he used to run sales was banned from "Audio Plug-In Buy/Sell Marketplace" group
https://www.facebook.com/michaelsaad.99
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2227923 ... 106533548/

Currently, he runs sales on FB using stolen/faked identity FB account under name "William Brown".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2227923 ... 328975320/

The majority of his posts focus on top end developers on high demand for very attractive prices, such as Oaksounds, Native Instruments, U-He, etc...

be careful
It's been like 2 months since I purchased komplete 14 UCE upgrade from Michael.
I got the email from knobcloud, and got concerned.
I reached out to Native Instruments, and they told me the key was fine.
So now I've basically just been waiting to see if they suddenly figured out if it was obtained fraudently.
So far so good.
It's been like 2 months.

Michael actually contacted me through mail
What he told me was that he had obtained the serials from a seller, without getting invoices.
I don't know how legit this is or ofc, if he's telling the truth.
But I think he is, after my license appear to still be okay.

Unless we somehow get some clarity I find it hard to reccommend him as a seller. But it seems that maybe he's not a scammer.

Is this whole thing originated from that knobcloud email?
Or is there reason to believe he's a scammer otherwise?

The knobcloud thing could just be a really stupid mistake by him. (faking his invoices to be able to sell on knobcloud)

Edit: It's also worth noting that we negotiated for like 1-2 months.
We settled on $350 in the end
He said no to $330 and $340 multiple times (like I said it was a span of like 1-2 months)
Doesn't appear like something a scammer quick to sell of his stolen keys would do

Treibontherocks is a scammer. he/she uses the name Anne Chibah on paypal ,but is really Karim Chibah a known scammer listed on Dirtyscams.com.

I became concerned when he/she refused to email me confirmation of a license transfer request instead Pm'ing me a fictitious email through private messages. he made the mistake of not editing the dates and leaving his real name on the fake email he copied and pasted, do not buy anything from this person they will take your money and vanish I believe he has multiple accounts at KVR making up sales reviews for him or herself to convince buyers that he/she is legit beware

xenophobic wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:32 am Treibontherocks is a scammer. he/she uses the name Anne Chibah on paypal ,but is really Karim Chibah a known scammer listed on Dirtyscams.com.

I became concerned when he/she refused to email me confirmation of a license transfer request instead Pm'ing me a fictitious email through private messages. he made the mistake of not editing the dates and leaving his real name on the fake email he copied and pasted, do not buy anything from this person they will take your money and vanish I believe he has multiple accounts at KVR making up sales reviews for him or herself to convince buyers that he/she is legit beware
This person does indeed have multiple accounts.

Long ago, this person tried to scammed me, but failed because they were just too amateur in their tricks.

I felt the name Karim Chibah seemed familiar, so I searched my email history. And, I saw the payment request he previously sent me in his attempt.

I forgot the KVR username, but I know that account was banned after I reported it.

The email for the PayPal in this previous scam attempt is:

samiangreene@gmail.com

The email he used to send me harassment emails after he got banned is

mirakjazz@yahoo.co.uk

He’s now sending me harassing emails under Tommmybak@gmail.com kvraudio needs to ban his accounts for the safety of the people who use this site

If anyone had bought from KVR members @termux @rashidaressy
The two are related to the same identity from Indonesia.

refer to follow threads on the subject.
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... ra.137296/
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... 490/page-2

It is worthwhile to remember:
* Fraudulently obtained licenses can last longer than a year since credit card fraud victims are usually selected rapidly who less likely to notice fraudulent transactions any soon.
* PayPal buyer protection is at most 6 months.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Paypal buyer protection is a joke they are giving me the run around probably hoping I'll give up and go away.

Edit: ✌️
Last edited by kevinsparks on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delete

I found my self in a weird situation recently.
I bought a DAW from someone here in KVR. Payed with Paypal Goods and services. The seller transferred the licence and now is in my account.
Then the seller refunded me and is asking to send the money again but this time Friends and Family.
When asked why, he said that the first transaction was pending on his side. On my side the transaction was completed.
What are your thoughts about this situation?
Thanks.

psioniks wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:02 pm I found my self in a weird situation recently.
I bought a DAW from someone here in KVR. Payed with Paypal Goods and services. The seller transferred the licence and now is in my account.
Then the seller refunded me and is asking to send the money again but this time Friends and Family.
When asked why, he said that the first transaction was pending on his side. On my side the transaction was completed.
Thanks.
The Friends and Family option is not protected, so I would try to report them.

I had a similar issue come up a few months ago, buying a library from a well-trusted and active member of several online communities (including KVR occasionally, if I recall). The transaction showed as "pending" on his end, and he initially was worried I'd done something out of the ordinary.

The issue turned out to be that he had a "business" PP account, rather than a personal account, which apparently complicated certain (types of?) transactions -- though he'd resold plugins previously, I think, so it was perhaps a new PayPal wrinkle or policy at the time.

He wound up getting it sorted directly with PayPal, so if your situation is similar, it may not be shady, but there may also be solutions on the seller's side, rather than you making a second transaction.

Binance Pay is safe as PayPal?

psioniks wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:02 pm I found my self in a weird situation recently.
Thanks.
It's also possible that the seller refunded you with a stolen credit card. You pay him again, the bank notices that the credit card was stolen, undoes the transaction, and in the end you paid twice.

Hi there,

I got a message for my WTB thread at VI-Control from a user named Cozy Coupe with the seanarthur135@gmail.com email. He has no idea and he is trying to bargain with random hardware and software pictures.

You can find this mail on the scammer alert lists online. It seems he's showing up on forums randomly for scamming people.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”