MSuperLooper - really needs multiple outputs!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 pm Actually the flexibility should be in the integrated stuff.
operandx wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:29 pm I don't think it's rare to want to process the loops outside the plugin.
MeldaProduction wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:35 pmActually the point of the internal FX is that you won't need to do that. You will use the reverb inside MSuperLooper, so you never need to wait.
(Copied from another thread because this thread is more appropriate.)
Seems pretty closed and prescriptive... Sorry if this is a nasty surprise, but most musicians/producers will already have their favourite/preferred effects and the built-in effects will likely never be touched by many users. The opportunity for a new looper isn't going to (and shouldn't!) make them change the rest of their setup to accommodate it. Trying to force users to just use the internal effects instead is more likely to dissuade them from buying/using this product. Surely a better approach to plugin development is to improve products' integration in users' (and potential users') setups. Hopefully development will address various (early adopter) user issues and I won't have wasted my money.

ericzang wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 pm And except for Reaper I think multiout FX's are NOT available. Only multiout instruments are, but that's not applicable here, since this needs audio input.
Might the designation as a VST3i instrument be a relatively easy solution after all, based on this general info?:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... html</span>
"Audio inputs for VST instruments

The VST3 interface expands VST instruments by adding the ability to create audio input busses. As a result, audio data can be routed to an VST3 instrument. A synthesizer which has a built-in e.g. vocoder effect is able to process audio data coming in from other sources as well."
Audio can be routed to VST2 instruments, VST3 is not needed for this functionality.

Sorry for bringing this back up, but as a Melda plugin lover (bought many and still wish to buy many), I have to give my +1 on this.

I bought this few weeks ago, hoping I could replace REAPER's Super8 looper with a more modern alternative.
Working without separate outputs soon became too crippling for my personal workflow.
The "export tracks as WAV" works quite well although it obviously serves a different purpose and workflow.

About using the internal FX, it looks like this works same as MXXX Core (use the FX you bought) rather than as MSoundFactory (all FX available as long as used internally). So, given that this currently doesn't output to separate audio tracks, it would be very limited to anyone looking for a looper without being already heavily invested in the Melda ecosystem, which I suppose would be the vast majority of people.

In fact you already can use up to 8 output channels.
Just set the plugin to surround mode then use channel matrix at the end of each track fx. You can have 8 mono outs or 4 stereo ones. I just checked and it seems to work flawlessly in reaper.

Sneaky ! :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Just wanted to hop back onto this thread and say a huge thank you for implementing multiple outs in the latest version! I gathered from reading previous responses that it wasn't high on the list of priorities, so I was pleasantly surprised to find MSuperLooper16out in my plugin directory after installing 14.08 last night. Even more so when I discovered that each new track you add is auto-routed to the next sequential pair of outs. Much nicer than the old Mobius way of having to manually route your outputs. This works like a dream in Reaper!

Yes it's very cool.
It was sadly useless to me before the update, but now it's great.
I saved a template (folder) track in REAPER with the 16 ouput tracks routed in, so it's always ready and fully set-up when needed.

As the initiator of this thread, I just want to give a massive thumbs-up and thankyou to Vojtech and Melda guys (assume he doesn't do it all himself?) for implementing multi-out. Bloody marvellous!
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

BennyG wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39 am Count me in as another who's interested here. Multiple outs are a real deal-breaker for me. Been looking for a Mobius replacement for some time, and MSuperLooper seems to have real potential. I'd really like to be able to recreate my Mobius workflow, where I have a dry guitar signal coming into the looper and 3-4 different loops coming out which are routed to separate instances of Guitar Rig and other FX.
MSuperLooper has MXXX built into it (not sure if it’s all the effects...) so it’s possible to do what you’re currently doing without multiple outputs.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:47 pm
BennyG wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39 am Count me in as another who's interested here. Multiple outs are a real deal-breaker for me. Been looking for a Mobius replacement for some time, and MSuperLooper seems to have real potential. I'd really like to be able to recreate my Mobius workflow, where I have a dry guitar signal coming into the looper and 3-4 different loops coming out which are routed to separate instances of Guitar Rig and other FX.
MSuperLooper has MXXX built into it (not sure if it’s all the effects...) so it’s possible to do what you’re currently doing without multiple outputs.
I mean, it's kind of moot now since we do have multiple outs, but I don't think that's correct? Unless you're saying I can somehow host Guitar Rig within MSuperLooper? It's not the only effect I use btw, I route separate loops out and through Stutter Edit, Turnado, JamOrigin MIDIGuitar for triggering bass synths off simple guitar lines, etc, etc...

The new update has opened up a whole world of possibilities for this kind of workflow :hyper:

Forthcoming update ;) You can already test the beta ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”