Demo'd Receptor and met Keith Borman today...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ Sweetwater Sounds Gearfest 2004.

I have to say I am very impressed with receptor and its abilities. Nice solid piece of gear. Even without a monitor it is entirely way to easy to operate. Choose a source (vsti, line, guitar input, s/p dif), patch, add any effects you want, fx patch, and your rokkin like dokken..

I assume everybody knows all about it by now, so i wont go into details, but the box is really awesome. Supurb. Excellent. Can't wait to get one!

Latency is not an issue at 2 or 3 ms, in fact, i think its pretty damn good for being able to run multiple plugins, process guitar, effect audio and run a display all at once. (I believe this is what i read on the screen).

Anyway, Keith and MUSE, congratulations and it was a pleasure meeting you.
Last edited by M. Rossi, MbD on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . : : |[ h e a v e n l y g l o r y ]| : : . .
= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =
whaT arE yoU goinG tO dO witH youR lifE, siT therE anD waiT foR jesuS tO falL ouT thE skY?

2 questions:

i) What on earth is an 'MbD'?

ii) I'm assuming that 32ms is a typo. Surely you mean 3.2ms?

I'm sure it must be a typo. 32ms would drive most piano players insane, and would making triggering from eDrum and midi percussion kits absolutely impossible ('shoes in a dryer' effect).

thanks

sorry edited.

a) i dont remember what a MbD is anymore, doctorate of something. lol. Its a self-inflicted title, and

b) was a typo. corrected. :)
. . : : |[ h e a v e n l y g l o r y ]| : : . .
= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =
whaT arE yoU goinG tO dO witH youR lifE, siT therE anD waiT foR jesuS tO falL ouT thE skY?

Very respectable latency. I finished tracking an album and my friend wanted a way to do some of the processing in real time and i used some pretty weird processing to get the sound for the tracks. The Receptor looks like a good solution for making your studio sound go mobile. - Scott

Scotty wrote:Very respectable latency. I finished tracking an album and my friend wanted a way to do some of the processing in real time and i used some pretty weird processing to get the sound for the tracks. The Receptor looks like a good solution for making your studio sound go mobile. - Scott
eey scotty! :) the scott-meister!

i'm a little confused by your post. you finished tracking an album, *and* your friend wanted a way to do some rt processing *and* you used some pretty weird processing for the tracks.

cool! are you a professional?

*and* the receptor looks like a good solution.

way-hey! i believe you!

but what does the receptor looknig like a good solution have to do with that entire first part, where you're doing some pretty weird processing to get that sound for them tracks?

did you use the receptor, or were you thinknig about using it, or are these two completely unrelated statements that have a great taste together, like just do it, all your friends are?

am i in trouble?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Gawd, this diet is eating my IQ as well as my fat.(Lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks and I am both lighter and less coherent as a result) Apologies for the poor grammar. Let me explain; we used a lot of vst efx on the album and the artist is trying to find a way of replicating the effects in a live situation.

He wants to do more than play along with prerecorded tracks (derived from the individual tracks in the cubase song files) so we are looking for a reliable method of duplicating some of the efx (live) used on his vocal tracks in particular. Yes, we could use a dedicated computer in a rack but this looks like a complete and rugged solution. As long as I am able to load the plug-ins and the efx presets it should be pretty decent provided latency is low enough. He is not technically proficient thus, a playlist approach with loading effects and patching into a mixer would be closer to his speed. I can see the Receptor meeting these requirements.

I get paid for what I do in my studio but full time professional is not how I would describe myself as it doesn't pay enough by itself to afford the mortgage, cars and kids and i'm not enough of a risk taker to take the final plunge. I also have much more to learn which is why I hand around KVR. A dedicated hobbiest who attempts to pay for his toys through his music making would be more accurate. I've written/sold music for industrials, museum installations, kiosks etc.

Scotty - scott meister

Return to “Muse Research and Development”