Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

Melodya v1.1
Chords track added to create melody for a chord progression.

How to use this ??

Thank you.
NK Recording Studio
Email: lachinhan@gmail.com or admin@thuamninhkieu.com

You enable the chords track if you want to create melody for a given chord progression (instead of making a nice melody and harmonize it later). These are two different workflows that Melodya supports now.

I updated the manual where this is described. Look for "Enabling the chords track" chapter:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/MelodyaUserGuide.pdf

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

Is it possible to have the chord progression that is in Melodya sync up with whatever chord progression is selected (blue bar above the chord names) in the main composition window in RC?

kottke wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:44 am Hi Attila,

Is it possible to have the chord progression that is in Melodya sync up with whatever chord progression is selected (blue bar above the chord names) in the main composition window in RC?
Trying this again...

I am sorry, I have not replied. When you double click on a Motive Generator phrase in the composition (which includes all Melody Editor settings) the Melody Editor opens with the chords above the Motive Generator. If you change the master track chords, another double-click will update the Melody Editor chords.

Thanks,
Attila

and right click the play button in the melody editor and select the chord playback option.. ;)

Thank you both! You are appreciated!

I absolutely love RC and everything included but there are so many goodies in there that I just have to ask because I know I’m overlooking stuff!

Is it possible to generate random velocity values Melodya, similar to what happens in RC when the melody generator is used, instead of having full velocity on all of the notes?

No, at the moment it is not possible. It would be good to add velocity editing, just like you can enable MIDI CC editing in the Phrase Editor. This is in the to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Atilla and other guys from this forum. It is a good thing that we have an ability to enable the chords track and to edit the chords by clicking on the chord note or chord name. But another good addition will be an ability to import to Chord bar(when it is activated)(may be by right click of the mouse) - chord progression as a midi file( i also have some favorite chord progression as midi( for me it is more easy to work with - than creating them step by step). maybe it's not so much necessary in the Melodya tab in the Rapid Composer but for the Melodya Vst Plugin - that will be a good addition. If it is possible to implement?

Hi mongoloff,

thanks for your post! I implemented it today. On Monday I plan to release a maintenance update (v4.6.3) which supports dropping a MIDI or MusicXML file to the chords track. Only MusicXML with harmony description is supported (.xml or .musicxml). .mxl files must be unzipped first.

This is the new help when you hover the mouse over the chords track in Melodya:

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: I try to build Melodya too on Monday.
EDIT #2: Correction: MusicXML support won't be available on Monday, only in beta versions (needs more testing). But dropping MIDI will work.

:clap:
musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:19 pm Hi mongoloff,

thanks for your post! I implemented it today. On Monday I plan to release a maintenance update (v4.6.3) which supports dropping a MIDI or MusicXML file to the chords track. Only MusicXML with harmony description is supported (.xml or .musicxml). .mxl files must be unzipped first.

This is the new help when you hover the mouse over the chords track in Melodya:

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: I try to build Melodya too on Monday.
:clap: Would be really appreciated on Melodya. I use so many different tools on song generation that at the moment really only tools come in where its easy (so not manually chord by chord) to get the same chord progression in.

That really would bring melodya back into my workflow :tu:

Hi Atilla and other dudes. This is a good news - that we can load chord progressions(as midi files) by droping it to the chords bar. But there is one question that I would like to clarify for myself. When i open "chord" bar - i can see so-called "init" 4-bar chord progression - Scale C Major - (C Major - A Minor - F Major - G Major). I suppose can load the whole chord progression or i( for example) can load not only chord progressions(as midi files), but desired chords(also as midi file) to each of the four bars of the progression? For example - drop to the first bar - chord C 6th(as a midi file) , A diminshed - to the second bar and so on. A sort of "Chord Constructor" from chords as midi files?
I wish you stay safe and healthy

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:19 pm Hi mongoloff,

thanks for your post! I implemented it today. On Monday I plan to release a maintenance update (v4.6.3)

Could you please fix the velocity issue when applying certain variations (rhythm) I did email this last week but it's still unread so hopefully you will see this post.

(Preferably apply rhythm without affecting velocity)

Also could a variations tab be added inside Melodya so you could apply your own rhythm ?
:tu:

https://youtu.be/1aboxwcpCNU

Return to “MusicDevelopments”