ArtsAcoustic still alive?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love his reverb,use in every my project.i have uad reverb,but this best for me.

4damind wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm Has somebofy in the meantime some experience if the AA stuff is working on the M1 Macs?
The reverb yes, the compressor and phaser no.

Logic 10.7.4 isn't seeing AA Reverb on my new M1 MacBook pro. Any ideas why? I've tried reinstalling it, I'm using what I believe is the latest version they released (1.6.0.15). Logic's plugin manager just isn't seeing that it exists.

EDIT: I tried running an older version of logic (10.6.4) that I had on my previous MBP, and its not seeing it in that version either. So this seems to be a MacOS Monterey issue? Anyone know a way to fix this? I use AAR on EVERYTHING so having it be unusable anymore would be a massive pain in the butt.
iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OSX Mavericks, Logic 9 and Logic X. Native Instruments, Waves, Celemony, and more. www.facebook.com/NOHCmusic, www.soundcloud.com/NOHCmusic

au validation issue
i have no idea sorry.
maybe it's 32bit?
The vst is running on OS 12.4 in Rosetta mode

sqigls wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:19 am au validation issue
i have no idea sorry.
maybe it's 32bit?
The vst is running on OS 12.4 in Rosetta mode
i confirm, it works without problems under Monterey on my M1 Mac mini

I'm still using AAR on a 2019 iMac Pro. I can't believe it's still working, with no updates since 2013!

The only bug I've found is that the "Quality" button and preset text don't update sometimes after changes.

I'm still using it as well, *mostly* successfully. Preset names never update unless you close and re-open the window, and sometimes (never clear when, exactly) all the fonts change to an awkward, larger, bolded font. Usually reloading the plugin resets it back to normal.

I fully expect this plugin to just crap out entirely though as systems continue to change + evolve and it remains tragically unsupported....

I'm going to do a YouTube series to try to find a replacement, in case AAR fully dies.

I think I'll start with Baby Audio Crystalline. I expect Audio Damage EOS to be a viable candidate, as well.

Reverb Foundry Tai Chi is one of mine.
Need a good CPU though, if you wanna use multiple instances.

bduffy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:27 am I'm going to do a YouTube series to try to find a replacement, in case AAR fully dies.

I think I'll start with Baby Audio Crystalline. I expect Audio Damage EOS to be a viable candidate, as well.
Oh, I have tried...and tried....and tried.

I own EOS2, it's totally different and only offers plate modes + a superhall. The modulation is 100% different than AAR. EOS 2 is good, don't get me wrong, but it cannot replicate many of the long-tail, heavy-modulation patches I regularly use in AAR.

Not sure about Crystalline, though. Haven't used it.

The closest I've gotten so far is Sonsig Rev-A from Relab. Still different, though, but it's the closest.

mholloway wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:02 am
bduffy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:27 am I'm going to do a YouTube series to try to find a replacement, in case AAR fully dies.

Oh, I have tried...and tried....and tried.

I own EOS2, it's totally different and only offers plate modes + a superhall. The modulation is 100% different than AAR. EOS 2 is good, don't get me wrong, but it cannot replicate many of the long-tail, heavy-modulation patches I regularly use in AAR.

Not sure about Crystalline, though. Haven't used it.

The closest I've gotten so far is Sonsig Rev-A from Relab. Still different, though, but it's the closest.
Ooh, I've never tried Sonsig Rev-A. I've been totally underwhelmed with LX480 Essential, so I ignored that. I'll check it out.

Closest I've gotten so far to my favourite "Deep Long Gong" patch? BLEASS Reverb. It's a bit more plate-y overall, and has nowhere near the depth of control as AAR, but sounded pretty good for lush reverbs.

I always wonder about the ins and outs of a developer selling their code to another company. How often does it make financial sense for the Dev and the company doing the buying. And how often does it work out well for customers. The only examples that spring to mind are Michael Carnes selling his reverbs to Isotope and Wolfgang Palm selling his synths to Plugin Alliance. And people aren't thrilled by the Isotope sale.

knowix wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:57 am I always wonder about the ins and outs of a developer selling their code to another company. How often does it make financial sense for the Dev and the company doing the buying. And how often does it work out well for customers. The only examples that spring to mind are Michael Carnes selling his reverbs to Isotope and Wolfgang Palm selling his synths to Plugin Alliance. And people aren't thrilled by the Isotope sale.
I would submit that this happens so often, that we rarely realize it.

Much of what we know as the DAWs we use, and the plugins we love, often represent shrewd acquisitions, and shifting of talent. Cubase Roomworks comes to mind, which was basically a reskinning of Smartelectronix Ambience. Or Apple buying out CamelAudio (R.I.P.).

It's very Yin and Yang; sometimes it works well for customers, sometimes it doesn't. I have to admit, I'm really wishing that a bigger company would step in and save the AAR code. It's too precious.

as fas as i know, a lot of the Avenger FX are from ArtsAcoustic.

I don't know what the situation nor what the logistics are, all I know is, I purchased all of the ArtsAcoustic plugins and only the reverb works. Not just all of a sudden, for a good ten years or more. AND my support tickets going back almost as long - have all gone unanswered.
YET, their website is still selling the plugins.

sqigls wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:41 am as fas as i know, a lot of the Avenger FX are from ArtsAcoustic.

I don't know what the situation nor what the logistics are, all I know is, I purchased all of the ArtsAcoustic plugins and only the reverb works. Not just all of a sudden, for a good ten years or more. AND my support tickets going back almost as long - have all gone unanswered.
YET, their website is still selling the plugins.
Avenger FX are from ArtsAcoustic? Intriguing...

Yes, it's funny how AAR is still working (I think it's due to a 64-bit update in 2013), and that it's still for sale, with no support.

Return to “Arts Acoustic”