MRecorder

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I own some of Melda's paid products. They are great. I'm also a fan of MRecorder, which is part of the free bundle.

MRecorder is extremely valuable as a sonic sketchbook and to capture impros. When loaded on the input channel for the sound card loopback, it can catch whatever is happening in the studio, regardless of the DAW play state. Thanks to it, all happy accidents are recorded.

However, I often start improvising before I've set anything up. In this case, I need to be able to load and to use MRecorder as quickly as possible, almost without thinking about it. Unfortunately, the process is not as frictionless as it could be, due to its default settings that are either missing or wrong.

That’s why I suggest the following:

— MRecorder should load with a default path (e.g. to the desktop)
— it should load with a default filename (e.g. "Untitled")
— the setting “Append number to the filename” should be ticked (otherwise the last recording cancels the previous one, which is most of the time a terrible idea; I've been bitten several times, I'm sure others have been too! — come to think of it, this is the behaviour that should be optional and enabled with a preference)

Thanks!

Hi,

first of all thank you!
Now there's an easy solution for that - set it up the way you like it, click Settings / "Set default settings" ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I didn't know this function. Very handy, thank you!

I still think your default settings for MRecorder should be amended :ud:

@Widowsky I had similar problem. I was using multiple instances for each track and one for the master. Took a while to set 6-10 instances. So, since I couldn't use internal presets (was using free version of the free bundle :) ) I used fxp saving but still had to browse computer to load it up. Best solution was track templates or daw templates of any kind it has, example: Element host can save its "presets" and when u load such a preset it loads everything set like when u saved. I save MRec. track1, track2... as a preset and when needed just drag such preset and dont have to set anything up. Reaper has track templates and fx chains.
After I upgraded the free bundle I could use internal preset system of MRecorder and loading settings became easier, in a few clicks. Its possible without upgrading, templates are solution when you need different defaults for multiple instances. Hope this helps

I didn't make myself clear enough. Software should not force artists to guess the future, which is impossible. You can never predict when inspiration will arise or where it will lead. From experience, it is rarely when the painfully prepared templates are loaded. Or, for reasons, the templates prove to be unsuitable for the case at hand.

Regarding MRecorder, it would be more user-friendly if it was ready to operate as soon as it was loaded, without demanding further steps.

Above all, MRecorder by default erases and replaces the previous recording without warning, which is a big no-no.

Widowsky wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:45 am I didn't make myself clear enough. Software should not force artists to guess the future, which is impossible.
Wrong way round. Humans can guess the future. Its software that cant.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:29 am
Widowsky wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:45 am I didn't make myself clear enough. Software should not force artists to guess the future, which is impossible.
Wrong way round. Humans can guess the future. Its software that cant.
Well, some humans routinely use software to guess the future, but that's beside the point. You ignore the context and object to something I didn't say.

I'm not talking about "humans" in general and what software can do. I said "artists", when they are in a creative flow — any other context is obviously irrelevant in this thread. And by “software”, I mean the people who design it, as everyone understands, except you.

Return to “MeldaProduction”