IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This new IK idea looks fine. I think we can expect a faster and more efficiently workflow and a good sound quality:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9880

You can find many modules and the price is adapted to the software you own.

But I can't see any envelope follower for a selfducking for reverb and delay?

Alexander

Ridiculous that all these non-interoperable systems are popping up to provide a tiling effect rack (McDSP, Slate, FatChannel, Soundtoys, ...) It looks like a failing of DAWs which haven't made much progress in tiling/managing groups of plugins together. The trend towards enormous GUIs must take some responsibility here as well.

Cynicism aside, this looks like a really useful selection of modules! But where's the gate? Not really a channel strip without a gate...

Yes, I like the concept and have downloaded the demo (I also like their new product manager for doing updates etc, much better IK!!)

Personally I won't be buying it as I already own Amplitube, TRacks and ST4 so have the vast majority the effects already, it would need to be almost free for me to pick this one up, but if you don't already have a lot of IK stuff it may be worth a look (although Soundtoys rack is currently 99 bucks so you may also want to look at that)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This looks really awesome and the CPU usage is quite small. Very good IK. But i kinda understand SLIC, all the modules you get are from Amplitube and T-Racks Max and if you own those it does feel like you should get this almost for free.

the.new.me wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:03 am This looks really awesome and the CPU usage is quite small. Very good IK. But i kinda understand SLIC, all the modules you get are from Amplitube and T-Racks Max and if you own those it does feel like you should get this almost for free.
+1 I felt disappointed by not having a special upgrade price, since many modules are directly taken from T-Racks. Oh well... I guess that, by having T-Racks Max, I don't really need this. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Its IK, at some point it will be 70% off, bundled or given away in some kids of deal (and/or included in Total Studio 3) no one expect to actually pay the asking price.

I like it- got some nice acoustic/Jazz guitar sounds from it with little effort, its very clear and easy to use (I much prefer it to TRacks and Amplitube!)

Warning- Its not that stable- 5 minutes in I got a full on crash trying to add a rotary to a pre-set- I would give it a while to settle down before using it live (as with any brand new product) but it does look very promising and when the price is right for us heavy hitters (Studio Max etc) I may well jump in.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Well, there is a special upgrade price, but it's still EUR 99. Having 95% of these modules already in Amplitube and T-Racks, I don't think I'll bite, as this is just adding the rack and the presets (which is nice, but not worth the asking price).

I didn't like the deal at the first moment but then I realized that I can get about 6 plugins from my "to-buy" list for $99 (+ all the others which are nice addition).
For me it's a great deal. Now I don't need to wait for group buy to get those.
500 series GUI should save some space on the screen. Less shuffling with plugins windows is always a good thing.

Yeah, really depends on what you have. As always with these deals, the heavy users won't benefit much, while the people with less products will find this attractive. There are some great modules in there, so it can be totally worth it - the collection is great, and you get tons of effects here. Just wondering why IK cannot offer a lower price for people who own T-Racks Deluxe AND Amplitube - that shouldn't be difficult to check, and I guess people with multiple products would probably buy it as a convenience add on for a low price only. (Again, I wouldn't buy at that price due to having nearly all modules - despite suffering from GAS...)

Yep, for those with Max bundles (amplitube+t-racks) it should be free/almost-free add-on.

Also I'm not gonna be surprised if this will become part of next gen of t-racks and amplitube.

I would expect it to be free for both T Racks Max and Amplitube Max owners or maybe $49 max. $99 makes you think when you have them both and have a DAW like Studio One or Live where you can create chains easily.

DP
Last edited by andypryce on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

andypryce wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:27 am I would expect it to be free for both T Racks Max and Amplitube Max owners or maybe $49 max. $99 makes you think when you have them both and have a DAW like Studio One or Live where you can create chains easily.
You can create chains with any daw. Those "racks" are just insets you have on mixer chanel

andypryce wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:27 am I would expect it to be free for both T Racks Max and Amplitube Max owners or maybe $49 max. $99 makes you think when you have them both and have a DAW like Studio One or Live where you can create chains easily.
In Live you can expose parameters without opening windows (not pleasant for eye - important for many) or you still have to open window of each plugin (many IKM plugins could use much less space like la2a emulation where 80% of GUI is just grey color).
So smaller window "500" is still interesting solution for many.
Dunno about Studio One.
For me this "500" "ChannelStrip" approach is really useful, especially when I have to work remotely on small laptop's screen.

Btw. I think that it's unfair that MAX owners have the same discount like people who have just the basic T-Racks.

Last year, tape sims were all the rage. This year it's 500-series effects rack plugins

Return to “Effects”