IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like many here I have thousands invested in great plugins from several companies inc IKM TS3.

And although I love all my plugins I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I have with MixBox

Love the 500 series format, the plethora of modules to choose from as well as the scalability of the UI. Sounds good, looks good, and smartly laid out.

One of the great accomplishments IK achieved with the MixBox is its unlimited possibilities in a format that's not chaotic and overwhelming to use.

The recent update made it even better.

I can only think of ONE thing it could use to be a complete mixing and sound design solution and is an LP & HP filter module. I realize people are going to want more modules for this and I get that but as far as a complete solution with the filters it will be for me.

Yeah, its not as if the Mixbox provides an exhaustive set of features either. There's still plenty of reasons to use your other plugins alongside it, as fun and cool sounding as it is.

IK's LA-2A model is incomplete because it's missing the R37 side-chain pre-emphasis control. Hopefully they will update it in T-RacKS 6 (but I'm not holding my breath.)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Is there any benefit to having mixbox,if we have a bunch of Tracks plugins?

double post
Last edited by jamcat on Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

bill45 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:07 am Is there any benefit to having mixbox,if we have a bunch of Tracks plugins?
You can use it as a standalone live processing rack. :shrug:

So I notice the "CS" feature of MixBox CS isn't really "CS" at all. There's no Custom Shop, and you can't purchase models separately, which up until now was the entire point of the Custom Shop. You can only purchase the Sunset Sound Reverb Collection, MixBox SE, or MixBox Full.

Will IK be expanding the Custom Shop to include MODO DRUM CS, MODO BASS CS, and MixBox CS so you can purchase individual models with Gear Credits, or is the Custom Shop on its way out?

bill45 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:07 am Is there any benefit to having mixbox,if we have a bunch of Tracks plugins?
If you are on Apple Silicon, seems so. TrackS won't be native until v6. They could've done that as a free update like the others they've done, but no.
I got it free in the Grope Buy last August, so there's that.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Updated and crippled before I had a chance to play with it, another group buy item wasted... 🤦🏻‍♂️

I really like Mixbox as opposed to Tracks. I have my 3 Moog synths going in on mono inputs all having their own separate rack setups. In fact I've deleted Tracks & just use Mixbox instead.
The only thing I would want is a way to record the output of each rack from within the standalone. I use Audio Hijack to record the whole output atm
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Ok, I updated, and went for the Sunset Studio reverb, which only cost me €8 + change. Unfortunately, even after registering it, the modules are still greyed out. Tried everything I can. But, hey, IK Multimedia. :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:07 am New version details here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13026
"Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability"

Does anyone know if the fuzzy GUI issue that was reported ages ago was fixed in this update? They fixed it in Syntronik 2 a few months after it was released so there is hope.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 pm Ok, I updated, and went for the Sunset Studio reverb, which only cost me €8 + change. Unfortunately, even after registering it, the modules are still greyed out. Tried everything I can. But, hey, IK Multimedia. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Same here. It's a bug. Lots of other people have it as well. I contacted support
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Good to know it's not me, that way I won't bang my head against the wall anymore. Thanks.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Sunset was not showing up in my MixBox either. I just tried again and nope... I ran the Custom Shop because in the past I recall that needing to be run to get things working. I ran it, logged in and then quit. Ran MixBox and low and behold the Sunset modules show up now. YMMV

Return to “Effects”