IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heyheycnv wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:04 pm
dmbaer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:23 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:54 am It's 29,99 on Audiodeluxe atm (for a few hours still). No-brainer or not ?
No-est-brainer of all time! :D
Not for me. I already have (and loveX10) the full Sunset and Fame. Everything else looks like other plugins I have many many times over.
It's not about how it looks but about how it sounds though... at some point you'll end up realising this. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Like many I don't like IK product installers.
But Mixbox SE for FREE now is worth it.
Some of the FX are really good and fairly different from what you might already own (Saturator, Lo Fi..).
CPU seems reasonable, unlike some of their other plugins.

Altogether the flexible chaining, the per module wet/dry control, the eight slots, makes it a great multi FX unit worth paying for, so for FREE it's a no brainer, grab and see if it fits your workflow and style.
I might even buy the upgrade, would be my first money spent with IK.

$29.99 again at Audioplugindeals

Buy now :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I bought it from audio plugin deals and think it's great. Like having T-Racks without having to shell out for that.Going to be exploring for ages. Inspired me to pick up the guitar. Also can use mastering stuff as well. Great.

kropotkin303 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 pm I bought it from audio plugin deals and think it's great. Like having T-Racks without having to shell out for that.Going to be exploring for ages. Inspired me to pick up the guitar. Also can use mastering stuff as well. Great.
Ton of decent presets too, which I've found useful as an inspiration for processing chain ideas on various instruments and busses.

Plus at least it's a complete product not some never ending shop front

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:14 pm Plus at least it's a complete product not some never ending shop front
For now.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

FIRST money spent with IK ... I bought Mixbox !
I think it really has some excellent features well worth the money :
- amazing huge selection of FX, lots of quality ones
- tons of presets, it's a very creative FX rack box
- some rather special stuff eg the filters, the Saturator, the lofi
- the dry/wet mix PER item is a super welcome function (though cannot be automated, I emailed support)

The only thing I don't like is it's missing MIDI learn, but using Quick Track Controls in Cubase works around that.
And at the $30 asking price it's a total no-brainer imo, even if I already have lots of other plugins already, the quality and the workflow make it exceptional value !!
https://audioplugin.deals/product/mixbo ... a/ref/176/

Yes, I agree - it's kind of mind-blowing what you get for 30bucks these days.

Same, this is an incredible deal and I jumped on it as well. The quality and workflow is superb (documentation less so), I’m sure it’ll replace some of my other plugins. I mean, just look at how small, yet fully functional the LA2A is! :hihi: The UX is ideal for quick mixing tasks imho, well done IK.

Marvellous. Had the SE version for a bit (freebie) and got some good use from it, so £25 for the full thing is an absolute bargain. Some to notch stuff in there. :love:

Guitar players should get it, it has nice amp sims and effects, distortion, delays and reverbs !
I played through guitar presets today, some really good sounds.
The splicer is also really cool to create guitar textures, I really dig Mixbox, can be used on pretty much any sound source for most genres of music.

It's worth 30 bucks. I've had it for years, but honestly never use it. And I don't have a good reason why other than I have way too many plugins

Something worth mentioning is that it's low latency too. It's been designed so people could use it live if they wanted to. So its a great tool to use on the go while tracking, even if you do end up replacing it with other effects during the mix stage.

Return to “Effects”