How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hornet are a small indie developer making useful plug-ins for next to no money, why do people feel the need to sh*t on them? Grow up.

no, i was to late for that. impulse buy that spended some time on the shelf befor testing...my own fault.

hotmitts wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:52 pm Hornet are a small indie developer making useful plug-ins for next to no money, why do people feel the need to sh*t on them? Grow up.
Hornet on this thread seen very gracious too. Long live developers like Hornet!!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Hornet has some decent plugins; so please stop the bs now. :shrug:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Loving Hornet's plugins. Top quality stuff for peanuts.
Magnus MK3 has now taken the top spot on my master buss. Cassette sounds fantastic 😍
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

pls stop shittalking indie devs and focus on waves again. thx.

If an indie developer is acting shitty or their product is shitty, you do not give them a pass because they are independent, that is a complete nonsense take.
Hornet seemed to have fixed a bunch of their website issues, so that is good stuff, but this week alone I have had emails everyday offering sales of some type, which is annoying.
t would be great if they had two mailing lists, one that sends out update details (Note here, they do tend to update and fix bugs, so these emails are very useful) and another that has the never ending sales details, so some of us can opt out of those.
Duh

bungle wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am If an indie developer is acting shitty or their product is shitty, you do not give them a pass because they are independent, that is a complete nonsense take.
Hornet seemed to have fixed a bunch of their website issues, so that is good stuff, but this week alone I have had emails everyday offering sales of some type, which is annoying.
t would be great if they had two mailing lists, one that sends out update details (Note here, they do tend to update and fix bugs, so these emails are very useful) and another that has the never ending sales details, so some of us can opt out of those.
Yep we have that, just click on the link in the footer of our emails so you can unsubscribe just from our promotional stuff (you will also lose access to our secret sale doing so though)

Saverio

Brilliant, thank you
Duh

I own quite a few Hornet plugins and some are my first choice, but the endless emails about sales have merely achieved a couple of unfortunate things in my mind:

1. They have made me begin to dislike Hornet.
2. They seem to make Hornet look as though they are immediately making a fool out of any purchaser who pays full price for a Hornet plugin. Yes, I know that argument applies to many other manufacturers/vendors too in this market, but it is a shame that Hornet are in that group.

I do wish Hornet simply asked less for its plugins when at full price and cut out all the 80-90% discounts. In my opinion, if you are so often selling at 80-90% off, then the full price is clearly a rip-off.

Economically, Hornet may feel its pricing/discount policy works. Psychologically, I am not so sure.

avid_d wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:37 am I own quite a few Hornet plugins and some are my first choice, but the endless emails about sales have merely achieved a couple of unfortunate things in my mind:

1. They have made me begin to dislike Hornet.
2. They seem to make Hornet look as though they are immediately making a fool out of any purchaser who pays full price for a Hornet plugin. Yes, I know that argument applies to many other manufacturers/vendors too in this market, but it is a shame that Hornet are in that group.

I do wish Hornet simply asked less for its plugins when at full price and cut out all the 80-90% discounts. In my opinion, if you are so often selling at 80-90% off, then the full price is clearly a rip-off.

Economically, Hornet may feel its pricing/discount policy works. Psychologically, I am not so sure.
Completely agree.
I think a more stable price with the occasional sale would benefit Hornet.
I personally would pay a lot more than the sale price for most things. In my opinion, Magnus for example is absolutely worth the already asking price, along with Cassette.
Also, you hit on the psychological aspect of it, which always makes the software look inferior when it's definitely not.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

avid_d wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:37 am I do wish Hornet simply asked less for its plugins when at full price and cut out all the 80-90% discounts.
I see your point, but there's a counter point to consider as well:

FOMO makes me buy many discounted things, yet the no-discount model makes me postpone purchasing indefinitely (or rather, until I find a 2nd hand copy).

Has anyone tried sleek? https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-sleek/

It looks like a cool plugin. Is there any benefit using sleek compared to something like nova? It says it can automatically find the resonances. Is that true?
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

LunarKitten wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:15 am It says it can automatically find the resonances. Is that true?
Yes :D well to explain better it uses a simple but effective approach, take the FFT of a signal then smoothie creating a moving average of the bins (the sleek factor on the UI) then look at the differences between the averaged frequency response and the raw one. if the raw one is higher than the average you have a resonance in that point. Create a filter and that it like a synth voice with it's own envelope, until the resonance is there the filter stays there, when it goes away it reduces it's action until the release time has expired.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:00 am Saverio
Thank you for your awesome plugins. I picked quite a few up on a generous sale. Thank you very much. :tu:
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

Return to “Effects”