FirComp: Free lookahead compressor for tracks or busses, looking for testers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fircomp 1 Fircomp 2

Everything is explained in detail in the manual. Just go to https://jonvaudio.com/fircomp/ and download it. Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:18 pm Everything is explained in detail in the manual. Just go to https://jonvaudio.com/fircomp/ and download it. Cheers!
:dog:
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I know. It isn't so obvious. :wink: Maybe Jon should've packed it with the plugin. It's rather important, especially for FirComp 2. It's very useful to read the manual even for FirComp 1 which is far more simple. Still love FC1 so much. Desert island plugins! :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I just paid 13$ for that unbelievable compressor, amazing - thanks Jon for great work and makint accesible for us on a tight budget!

kPere wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:10 pm I just paid 13$ for that unbelievable compressor, amazing - thanks Jon for great work and makint accesible for us on a tight budget!
How much CPU efficient is Demo compared to full? I am big fan of FC1, but it is still more CPU efficient than Demo of FC2 and covers all my needs. Missing just resizable function, which is available only in paid version 🤷🏼‍♂️
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

Great comp for sure.

The only grip with it is that when you hit the play on your track, the first bar sounds inconsistent regarding the attack. Try on kicks only and with the zero attack. Like it's trying to adjust itself.

Yes, it takes a little bit of time for a compressor to "learn" how to compress the given sound. It's not long, but long enough for the first transient to pass through. That's how all compressors work and Fircomp is no exception, Igro. That's why when you track/record through a compressor, it's always a good idea to discard the first bar. You're not the only one who "discovered" this behaviour. :tu:

With Fircomp, you can actually avoid that behaviour if you set attack to 0. Fircomp uses a small lookahead audio buffer to predict how to react. There aren't many compressors who can do this.

kPere wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:10 pm I just paid 13$ for that unbelievable compressor, amazing - thanks Jon for great work and makint accesible for us on a tight budget!
is this a typo? Did I miss a sale? Never saw the price that low.

nonstatic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 am
is this a typo? Did I miss a sale? Never saw the price that low.
As I understood it, the price is set based on your location - therefore if you're not from a rich country, your price is going to be smaller than if your coming from a developed one. Mine was 8£ - with tax it turned out to be 13$, which is a steal for that plug!

Return to “Effects”