Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems like Studio One takes forever to load. Bitwig takes less time, Cakewalk is even faster. Is there another DAW which is faster to load?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Reaper is almost instantaneous.

Fl Studio

Fl Studio for me too.

Fastest to slowest for me-
FL Studio
Reason 11
Live 10

Reaper

FL Studio is only fast because it doesn't check for new or updated plugins at startup. You need to do it manually every time and their plugin scanner is extremely slow.

I have set the deferred load plugins option in live but it still loads much slower than fl studio for me. From my experience FL studio has the most snappy UI even with all the bells and whistles turned on.

mumpcake wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 am It seems like Studio One takes forever to load. Bitwig takes less time, Cakewalk is even faster. Is there another DAW which is faster to load?
Here it loads really fast. I suggest you turn off vst scan at launch and update it from plugins manager only when you add new plugins.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:36 am
mumpcake wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 am It seems like Studio One takes forever to load. Bitwig takes less time, Cakewalk is even faster. Is there another DAW which is faster to load?
Here it loads really fast. I suggest you turn off vst scan at launch and update it from plugins manager only when you add new plugins.
Yes.

Otherwise, Reaper you can google, install and launch while other DAWs - except maybe FL - are still showing the splash screen ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Fl Studio and Waveform are definitely the fastest, but as others have said FL Studio starts fast because it does not automatically scan plugs. Waveform opens just as fast unless it has detected new plugs and then it takes longer to complete the startup.

In regards to Studio One, with my old PC which was a 10 year old I7 gen 1, originally Windows 7 updated to Windows 10. Studio One used to take more than 2 minutes to get going. However, my new PC whilst still I7, is a 10th gen with 16 cores instead of 4. My program drive is an nvme M.2 SSD and I have Studio One setup to scan on startup every time. On the new PC it takes all of 11 seconds to get going.

WotEva wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:39 am...On the new PC it takes all of 11 seconds to get going.
But is it consistent?

On my laptop - that I power off completely for the night - plugins scan (it says 548, although this includes various formats & bit depths) lasts 15-20s normally, but almost 2 minutes when I launch it after cold boot.

I really wish Presonus added background plugin scanning like Bitwig does, for example (Ableton seems to have added it also, but it still scans something at the start).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Definitively, FL Studio :-)

Waveform, followed by Reaper and Bitwig

MuLab takes three seconds to load from the App folder and five seconds from its desktop icon.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

For a project with few tracks, for me, Reaper by far is the fastest. The slowest is Studio One while Live and Cubase are much better than Studio One but I think Live is little bit faster than Cubase.

When You close a DAW, still Reaper is the fastest and Cubase is the slowest. But all of that is not important for me. The performance and the workflow what counts mostly. Here I'm fastest with Cubase and slowest with Reaper! So, in the end, Cubase is the fastest for me overall with Studio One second ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”