Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

I love the Model 80. Incredible basses possible with that one.

discogsaddict wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am My request for Softube if they're watching.. PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A MODEL 86 - ROLAND ALPHA JUNO :love:
Hope they do this too. One of the few companies I'd trust to do the Alpha Juno right.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:57 am I love the Model 80. Incredible basses possible with that one.
Model 80 is great but i have a problem with it on my system where it takes a while to start up after i add it to a track + some Lagging gui.
If i add a second instance everything is quick and works fine.

The other Softube models loads instantly and works properly so not sure why it would be different with the 80?

D-Fusion wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:25 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:57 am I love the Model 80. Incredible basses possible with that one.
Model 80 is great but i have a problem with it on my system where it takes a while to start up after i add it to a track + some Lagging gui.
It's normal. Does it here as well.

TBH, I'm almost used to it, these days. Massive X also takes a while to "boot up", and synths like Pigments as well. Should definitely be a point of criticism.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:30 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:25 pm
It's normal. Does it here as well.

TBH, I'm almost used to it, these days. Massive X also takes a while to "boot up", and synths like Pigments as well. Should definitely be a point of criticism.
Good to know i am not the only one with this issue :)
Hope they will fix it in a update and i know the other models also had similar issues for a while before it got fixed.

I find their Models to be excellent in sound quality so no complaining there and the only thing i would love to see added is a on/off button for their Juno 106 Chorus Noise so i can turn it off like i can on my Roland Juno 60 vst.

I like this pad, which I stumbled upon on their site, number 3 of the audios:

https://soundcloud.com/softube/03-attack-pad

I don't really want to download iLok stuff, frankly. Can anyone tell me the osc and filter settings used on that patch, if it is a factory preset :) Does it use unison and/or the chorus?

Have been trying to recreate it on another synth by ear, but it doesn't sound the same, yet:

https://app.box.com/s/2agwlftnt39lk7guoebqfm13a1v8y579

Funny, that user inferface really does look used, with stains and scratches and discolored keys 8)

discogsaddict wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am
My request for Softube if they're watching.. PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A MODEL 86 - ROLAND ALPHA JUNO :love:
If this would come true I will be eternally grateful, well until TAL does one :D

Odd Fella wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 pm Funny, that user inferface really does look used, with stains and scratches and discolored keys 8)
Model 84? Yeah I just use the setting to hide the keys to save space on the screen.

Just got this as part of the Essentials bundle.

Didn't follow this thread first time round.

Great sounding synth. Love it.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

That Essentials bundle is great value. I would get it, if I wouldn't have Model 84 already, and would care more about the other plugins.

Hope they do more of those bundles.

I always thought the 106 was one of the most boring synths I'd ever heard (when it came out).

Was hoping it would be a polyphonic 101, but not even close. Never saw the attraction.

These days, I wish I had bought 10 and left them in the box....

What is the fascination with this synth?

Septic Underground wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:33 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am
My request for Softube if they're watching.. PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A MODEL 86 - ROLAND ALPHA JUNO :love:

If this would come true I will be eternally grateful, well until TAL does one :D

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-pha

seafire wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm I always thought the 106 was one of the most boring synths I'd ever heard (when it came out).

Was hoping it would be a polyphonic 101, but not even close. Never saw the attraction.

These days, I wish I had bought 10 and left them in the box....

What is the fascination with this synth?
The DCO sits good in a mix, lush pads and also a good bass alternative compared to 101 / or minimoog, that’s more decent

The bass is awful, it's fluffy. Polyphony was obviously a big draw, but soundwise, not so much.

Chorus is noisy, never got the fixation with that.

Return to “Instruments”