Domra Alto clicks in audio

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have several instances of where I'm playing an extended tremolo line of a notes (keyswitch A2) and then ending it with a sustained note (keyswitch B2). I'm envisioning a player letting the last note of the tremolo ring out. Well, it works except I sometimes get a "click" between the tremolo'd and sustained notes. I put a small gap in between but I still get the click. If I use a bigger gap the click goes away but now there's an audible gap, which is unusable. I tried small adjustments to the tremolo speed hoping to catch the next down stroke with the sustained note but no luck so far.

So, my question is, how can I get rid of the click? I have several instances where I end tremolo'd notes with a single sustained note and it happens in about 1/4 of the instances. It happens each time I play the song in the same spots. Reverb is OFF in case that makes any difference. Help!

Hello! Thank you for using our instruments.

Could you please create and attach a short midi file that captures the issue? That would be helpful.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Thank you for your quick response! I have attached the file "Domra Alto.zip" that contains a simple 3 note MIDI file that I hope you can read. I generated it from Studio One 5.2.
Note 1 = a short sustain note (high velocity keystroke B2)
Note 2 = long tremolo note (high velocity keystroke A2)
Note 3 = short sustain note (high velocity keystroke B2)

The problem click occurs between Notes 2 & 3. In case it makes any difference, tempo = 90bpm, time signature = 6/8, and all velocities are 80%. I have also uploaded the Kontakt Domra Alto snapshot so you can use my same tremolo speed since (I think) that sometimes makes a difference.

Finally, it doesn't happen on every playing, so it seems to be related to some of the round robin samples. When it DOESN'T happen I just hear the normal string attack noise. But when it DOES happen I hear a higher pitched click in addition to the string attack noise. In a song, I have about 20 of these tremolo/sustain instances. They all don't have this issue but there are enough that it becomes too difficult to mask them all.

I await what you find out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for the files. Please submit a tickets here https://www.ilyaefimov.com/support.html, so we could send you a fixed patch.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Thank you. I submitted a question on your webpage since I didn't see a way to submit ticket. Please note that I have the same issue with the Domra (non-Alto) when playing the same sequence of notes.

Yes, this helped a lot! I still *think* I was hearing a few (about 1/10 of the occurrences I heard before) but I was able to fix or hide those by reducing CC1 toward the end of the tremolo. Thank you very much for your quick and effective response!!

Ooopss, I hear it in the Balalaika contrabass as well. Same situation: Tremolo ending right where a sustain note begins.

fretman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 pm Ooopss, I hear it in the Balalaika contrabass as well. Same situation: Tremolo ending right where a sustain note begins.
I have emailed you the new patch for Contrabass Balalaika as well.

Yes, this is much better. No clicks! Thank you.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”