simple little pop song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my final collab with jas on vocal. started during a skype, I was strumming the acoustic as she ad-libbed some vocals. once I had the idea I finished the track, she sent the vocal file. enjoyed our time together, helped me mix vocals and made me play some things I nomally wouldn't. I also always wanted to use the m1 flugel patch for a lead, it seemed to work here.
appreciate any thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/wavephonic-1/like-a-fire

Nicely done, good guitar sound, and the electronic drums actually fit nicely in the first section there. Good to hear as well the vocals in their natural glory - some of the notes are hesitant and tiny bit out...and it sounds all the better for it, much more human.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:49 pm Good to hear as well the vocals in their natural glory - some of the notes are hesitant and tiny bit out...and it sounds all the better for it, much more human.
thanks for that, I totally agree, I could've messed around with the vocal track but I wanted to keep the song as live as possible without correction.
cheers

very good song :!: gave it 3 listens in a row.
vocals are nice, only could be processed a little more. IMO,
they dont quite sound in the same space with the rest of the music.
might be a matter of being too loud, EQing or more reverb?
good stuff regardless :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This has a lot of potential but it seems unfinished. I think the vocals have pitch issues and the opening verse stays in the same place too long and loses momentum. The flugel patch is fine. :)

I'd like to hear a more refined reworking of this.
Last edited by Frantz on Sat May 22, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice & I agree about the human feel
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

layzer wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am very good song :!: gave it 3 listens in a row.
thanks man, that must mean something
good weekend to ya

Frantz wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:34 pm the opening verse stays in the same place too long and loses momentum.
appreciate the listen and feedback. sometimes I over produce and sometimes I under produce, finding that perfect middle ground for a fairly live recording is the goal. all were one takes
Last edited by wavephonic on Sat May 22, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melomood wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:43 pm Very nice & I agree about the human feel
appreciate the visit and kind words
I have melodyne and some other stuff but I'd feel uncomfortable asking someone singing on a song for me to agree to pitch correction. personally I find her gentle lilting endearing to her style.

nice little song :tu:
the last bar or so of the guitar, put me in mind of air's "virgin suicides" there's a track on that which has that sort of slow hesitant finish :)

it's great working with someone who inspires you, brings out the best in both parties 8)

vurt wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:04 pm nice little song :tu:
the last bar or so of the guitar, put me in mind of air's "virgin suicides" there's a track on that which has that sort of slow hesitant finish :)

it's great working with someone who inspires you, brings out the best in both parties 8)
wow vurt good to see you pass by, I appreciate it very much. and yes sometimes my acoustic guitar sits in the corner for ages, she always made me pick it up.
cheers man

well try to pick it up ocassionally, they love being played :D

vurt wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:11 pm well try to pick it up ocassionally, they love being played :D
agreed, before these old construction fingers are no longer able to

I saw the earlier comments about the vocals being a little pitchy, so I was listening out for them, but I thought it was a very minor issue, and didn't detract from my enjoyment of the song. I really liked her harmonies. Nice job with the mix. It has a full sound without being crowded. The guitars sound great.

I certainly wasn't expecting the tempo change halfway through but it worked out well, in fact it reminded me of something by XTC, but I can't remember what at the moment.

Good work :)

I like the intimacy of her voice. Was a bit pitchy often, but sometimes that can add a little character to the voice. Too much pitchy-ness is not good though.
I like the way the vocals were mixed.
Although later when there was a lot going on, the voice got somewhat buried.
Overall, I really liked it though. Great vibe... :tu:
Would love to hear a tuned-up polished finished version. I'm putting this on my list of KVR gems that I found (and thats not a huge list tbh.)

Return to “Music Cafe”