SSL Native Channel Strip 2 & Bus Compressor 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Following the release of SSL's new UC1 plugin controller, version 2 updates of Native Channel Strip & Bus Compressor are now available: https://www.solidstatelogic.com/product ... =documents

*edit for revised CS v2 GUI
Last edited by db3 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Can't wait to try these out.

Nice! These seem to have improved modeling (just comparing the prior version to the new one in PD shows different curves in the strip, and harmonics with the E band enabled) and the update appears to be free for existing users. Very cool.

And the EQ in the strip is decramped! These are great. You also get to keep the older versions.

Recourt wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:27 am And the EQ in the strip is decramped! These are great. You also get to keep the older versions.
Yay! De-cramping and oversampling were what I was hoping for.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:03 am Nice! These seem to have improved modeling (just comparing the prior version to the new one in PD shows different curves in the strip, and harmonics with the E band enabled) and the update appears to be free for existing users. Very cool.
Hi I notice you say this appears to be free update but I have both these products in version 1 but not seeing how to get these free. Are these showing in your products on ssl site?

Samiver wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:03 am Nice! These seem to have improved modeling (just comparing the prior version to the new one in PD shows different curves in the strip, and harmonics with the E band enabled) and the update appears to be free for existing users. Very cool.
Hi I notice you say this appears to be free update but I have both these products in version 1 but not seeing how to get these free. Are these showing in your products on ssl site?
No they don't show up. It keeps the license activation from V1 so you're good to go - find the "New" individual installers for both on the website and install them, and you're done :) Enjoy!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:59 am
Samiver wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 am
No they don't show up. It keeps the license activation from V1 so you're good to go - find the "New" individual installers for both on the website and install them, and you're done :) Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, appreciated. I will try the above 👍

UC1 just made me shit my pants!
Duh

bungle wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:28 pm UC1 just made me shit my pants!
It looks great, but it's not open as a controller for other plugins and I believe it needs their "360" software to run. Would be nice if it would fall-back to working as a basic MIDI controller that anyone could map in their DAW (sort of like a Console1 - which kinda does this), but c'est la vie.

I'm currently selling a Channel Strip if anyone is interested.- that can be upgraded to version 2 for free.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:33 pm
bungle wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:28 pm UC1 just made me shit my pants!
It looks great, but it's not open as a controller for other plugins and I believe it needs their "360" software to run. Would be nice if it would fall-back to working as a basic MIDI controller that anyone could map in their DAW (sort of like a Console1 - which kinda does this), but c'est la vie.
The SSL Vice President said they are waiting third party plugin makers to integrate their channel strips to this controller. I think he was referring to Plugin Alliance SSL channel strips, Waves, even Softube.

Pingafuego wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:29 pm
The SSL Vice President said they are waiting third party plugin makers to integrate their channel strips to this controller. I think he was referring to Plugin Alliance SSL channel strips, Waves, even Softube.
That would be interesting.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Am I the only one who thinks that the bus comp in the center is just a waste of space?

Hi-res graphics in the OP look amazing, yet I can't find a resize button on the plugins. How do I resize them?
I was surprised to get these new versions for free and SSL 360 works without the hardware too, very nice!

Return to “Effects”