Zebra or u-he centric Discord server?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I went ahead and created an unofficial server, for people that want to give it a try:

https://discord.gg/7ew6SseDxR

I would love to see an official u-he Discord server at some point. But maybe Urs is right to wait until Z3 is at least in the beta phase. I can see the message boards overflowing with Z3 chatter anyway.

I use Discord's web app all the time. I'm also an admin on a few Discords. There's nothing I've seen that says you need to use their app, unless you're using an ancient web browser.

What's wrong with this forum. Why do people need discord as well?
Murderous duck!

There's nothing wrong. It's just a different type of communication. Besides text channels it also has video and voice chats, you can run community streaming events, etc.

Hehehe, just never expect me to ever join any video or voice chats.

I think though that forums like this one are my preferred kind of communication. Even here, despite its nature of messages lingering for a while, there's a lot of repetitiveness. I can not imagine going into a more dialog-style thing where the same conversation would happen over and over again, just with different people. For that reason I have abandoned PMs and emails.

hehe, yeah I agree for more organized long-lasting info the forums are a better tool.

I think discord is more for hanging out and random chit-chat, which also has some value. Maybe if there was a KVR discord server the SNR in the forums would be better :clown:

The streaming events are very cool though. Some gamedev communities hold monthly Q&A events and stuff like that. I think it could be cool for tip&tricks, explaining features, etc. and it's probably less work than producing videos.

Sound Author wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:34 am I would love to see an official u-he Discord server at some point. But maybe Urs is right to wait until Z3 is at least in the beta phase. I can see the message boards overflowing with Z3 chatter anyway.
Just thought I would bump this old thread for...reasons. :D

FWIW I created that server and it was running for a long time (a year?) and nobody used it... so I guess there's no need for it hehe

Aw man, I just saw this thread name and got excited... sorry to hear it didn't work out.
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

The plugin world is kind of niche and is already fragmented between KVR, gearspace, facebook, reddit and now discord. We lose knowledge pools as the community fragments, and sadly in many cases whole platforms go under by lack of users, yes it is the way of the internet but not every discussion has to migrate to the newest platform.
dedication to flying

Return to “u-he”