PiKTrix goodies / User Manual & more documentation later

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PiKTrix

Hello all KVR members & KVR DC2021 developers,

I just finished a simplified user guide for common PiKTrix functions :phew:

Has anyone ever managed to safely install one of the PiKTrix versions ? Look at PiKTrix Installation Guide.pdf included to the PiKTrix (Sample Instruments Collector Tool).rar package if there's some problem or post to this thread any questions or suggestions ! :help:

This is the link to the User Manual (simplified common functions)

Soon some videos and documentation for the more advanced functions (Arp, Master bus in Qi-Rack with FX, Oscillator cables modulable...)

Thanks !

Haven't gotten to this one yet but when I do, I'll report back!

There is some news about PiKTrix (I'm going to try to upload a new fix bug every week even if I think it shoudn't be too many )
for not download all the package, i have made an update.rar file to put '_install' uncompress folder in the "PiKTrix (Sample Instruments Collector Tool)" directory. Run Install.bat after in the '_Install' folder (it will rename some files and updates some features with new sounds !). You can now uninstall PiKTrix (VST3 common files and Custum_List) with uninstall.bat if you want !

This is a list of bug fix in the 0.2 version :
***** Some fixes (0.2) were made to fill in the finishes and ******
correct the bugs listed :

* Momentary reset on patch menu
* Fix Bloc Note on 64 bits versions
* Fix Velocity 'On' (All versions)
* Better init List (Panic) (Ony 32 bit)
* Less springs off in FiltoDrag with 'No Filter OSC'. More flexible game play interface
* More Midi Learn for External Controls
* And maybe other minors bugs...

* New Sounds !!! (Omnichord) in "KVR DC2021 Updates" bank...

And the link are here : (only if you already have the 0.1 version of PiKTrix) (the complete 0.2 version)

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:15 am Haven't gotten to this one yet but when I do, I'll report back!
me too
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

it loads in reaper 6.30 and savihost, but there's no gui.
there are no error messages, but there's no gui.
will try to load it in cubase lite edition 5.
i'll try to upload pics later if the gui is blank in cubase too.

ooops never mind, it's loading the gui properly. i didn't install the update. i mistakenly thought the update is good by itself.

Oh ! Thank you Harry. It's difficult to distribute this plugins without there folder. For all versions, you must have the plugin .dll and its folder annexed (or the .dll in the folder for 64 bits versions). With Install.bat, no need to made something else with VST3 versions ! Moving .vst3 are reserved for experienced programmers...

PiKTrix is now at 0.3 version !
If you want to update, put "_Install" folder from "Update PiKTriX v.0.3.rar" (only 32,2 Mo) in your c:\[...]\PiKTrix 'Sample Instruments Collector Tool\" folder and run Install.bat (the new in _Install\ of course). It will automatically replace the old Install.bat...

Or downlad again PiKTrix 'Sample Instruments Collector Tool'.rar (479,8 Mo) :wink:

I may explain this in a next tutorial video so that it is easier to understand. In any case, the new update greatly improves the Ony versions at the patch level...

I'm very tired, with all this work. I'm going to take a little break beacause there is still a lot of work to do for the presentations and i hope not for the bug...

Is there a way to install ONLY the plugin, manually? I don't trust the "install.bat" script tbh.

The problem is that you will have not the 'Custum_list' in folder directory. Please trust the Install.bat. I have try it in several computer and it's good ! Maybe stop the install.bat when you arrive at the installation of the VST3. But It's ok for the VST3 too. If you don't install with Install.bat, you can just still use the sound loading by disengaging the SD card but it's less sexy !

I just noticed a new bug. When Ony's VST3 is installed, we cannot have VST2.4 in a 64 bit host but I have just solved the problem and therefore prepare a new update . Just a story of plugin ID to change... And a correction on the 'Master byp' not sufficiently well initialized in Ony versions...
Last edited by chopen on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

And Plugin name of VST3 will be PiKTrix_Ony_VST3.vst3 to differentiate to the PiKTrix_Ony_64.dll (preset of VST2.4 & VST3 will thus be separate) because there is currently confusion between the two...

I have improve the mod wheel too (more powerfull and Level in White & Pink noise...)

See U soon when i uploaded the 0.4 versions !
still a lot of work to get there

I have use some presets and made this one earlier. I'm happy to have managed to make a first video :

https://youtu.be/HaqDcp2ma8Q

I speak (in english subtitles) about filters and a lot of Mod wheel (juste move it)

The quality of the video is too bad in full screen because of the zoom in the plugin but in a smartphone, the size is good !
Last edited by chopen on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hello KVR friends ! :hug:

I just uploaded the sound bank PiKTrix Soundbank [Deluxe Version]

It is a bigger soundware for PiKTrix not essential because the sounds which are the same in a better quality
  • Amstrad CKX100 [Deluxe] 16bit-stereo
  • Pataphysis [Deluxe] 24bit-stereo
(and 2 new instruments ! )

If PiKTrix is well installed in your PC, you have just to run Install PiKTrix Soundbank [Deluxe Version].bat (The folder of PiKTrix is localized thanks to the PiKTrix.txt text file located in My Documents\VST3 Presets\Joan Fourdrignier (it's me :) )

if you want to go back to the [Essential] version, you just need to click on Install.bat located in PiKTrix 'Sample Instruments Collector Tool' folder. (you can also go back to the [Deluxe] version by clicking to PiKTrix Soundbank [Deluxe Version].bat present also in Soundbanks folder...)

hoping this arouses your curiosity

I know these messages are a bit redundant but I finally managed to re-upload PiKTrix 0.42 (independent update without needing to move a directory for installation). I'm getting better and better...

The links are in the product description!
And I promise I will work to make new videos and demonstrations of my project. I do not see the days scrolling during this DC KVR 2021 !

I will also try to take an interest in a few other KVR inputs

(version 0.5) :
  • It seems that a image was still not present in the 'Ony' versions (Chi-Rack__porta_click.png).
  • Fix the Disk menu on '3.Create Instruments (Load .wav repertory)' in 64-bits versions (it was just a bad link. Note that it's the only option that is implementated in this menu for the time being...).
  • Fix GUI activation bug of 'FilterDrag' modes when you click to 'Speed OSC' (temporarily in 'off' position).
  • On PiKTrix Qi-Rack, When 'Hold' is 'on' position in Arp module, CC64 MIDI messages are filtered to facilitate multi-layer play with a sustain pedal (only on Qi-Rack versions).
  • Better MIDI integration of 'Pitch Filters' (after a MIDI learn) on all plugins versions and 'Fader Morph' on Qi-Rack versions.
  • Improvement of 'OSC Send' with Noise Waveform (better volume dosage) on Qi-Rack versions.
  • Display of Mod Wheels on 'OSC Setting' panel in all versions.
  • Better install and Update (autonomous).
  • And other some minor bug...
There is a way to install automatically VST2 plugin, but it necessitate to modify the install.bat (at each update)

set INST_VST2_32=NO <------------ replace by YES
set PLUGINS32=C:\Plugin\ <------------ replace by your 32bit plugin repertory
REM Echo PLUGINS32=%PLUGINS32%

set INST_VST2_64=NO <------------ replace by YES
set PLUGINS64=C:\Plugin64\ <------------ replace by your 64bit plugin repertory
REM Echo PLUGINS64=%PLUGINS64%

it's a trick that I found for the moment... And sorry for the missing images in later versions ! :neutral:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”