Sylenth1 3.0.40

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to download the 3.0.40 version of Sylenth1?

Why would you want to do that? I don't think it is in any way better than the current version (3.067)...

It is pre-changes on the oscillators and general sound. Is there a way to download 3.0.40 ?

Sindikhate wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:54 am It is pre-changes on the oscillators and general sound.
Apart from adding more oversampling options, I don't think there have been any changes to the sound. And you can set the oversampling in the configuration file.

Thousands of users would have complained if their existing projects had sounded different all of a sudden.
I have been using S1 for years and never noticed any such change. If there was any change in the code, it was so minor that it was irrelevant in terms of sound.

sound is the same,just 3.067 is more stable,no complains from me.
Some of older ones had annoying issues,67 is like tank :)
Cheers :)

3.0.67 at 96k has a few issues over here.

I am not sure if the sound is the same... But I think it is not.

That is why I want to compare it with 3.0.40 or 3.0.41

Why isn't there a way to download any version we like?

So Lennard doesn't have to give support for older versions ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:39 pm So Lennard doesn't have to give support for older versions ?
That is not an issue.

You should still be able to download earlier versions without demanding support for them.

I understand not being able to download a veeeeery old version due to the new licensing system but 3.0.41 is using the new one.

Sindikhate wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:23 am You should still be able to download earlier versions without demanding support for them.
But you know how people are. They'll still demand support. You're demanding support right now.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Not really.. I ask for an older version. That is not support. It is something you have paid for. Lennard himself has said the sound has changed.

Sindikhate wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 am Not really.. I ask for an older version. That is not support. It is something you have paid for. Lennard himself has said the sound has changed.
In the version history it says for 3.050:

- Improved oscillator sound quality (improved high frequency content, reduced aliasing).
- Improved filter response and sound quality.

https://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/whatsnew.php

Is that what you mean? I certainly did not sound better than now.

What kind of problem do you have at 96? Dropouts? Sylenth1 is so efficient, it can hardly be a CPU issue.

So there was a change in sound? Apologies then, I didn't know that...

Sindikhate wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 am Not really.. I ask for an older version. That is not support.
You are asking for Lennard to do something for you. That's support.

I imagine he has older versions of his installers like many users who archive their downloads.

I probably have older versions somewhere on backup drives.

EDIT: I found the installer for 3.041 but don't feel comfortable sharing unless Lennard gives his blessing. I'm not sure if installers are specific to users or not.

But again I can see why any developer would only provide access to the latest version of their software.

You can make a support request from the Lennar Digital site:

https://www.lennardigital.com/support/

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:51 pm So there was a change in sound? Apologies then, I didn't know that...
Yes, but such optimizations are very minor. On a sound quality scale I would say the changes improved S1's rating from 80 to 80.5 8)

Return to “LennarDigital”