MixMaxtrix

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I open this thread so it is possible to report bugs without leaving negative reviews or for people without Github accounts.

I got two reports saying that the GUI opens initially in a size that's too big for some screens. I uploaded 1.0.1. It should fix that. I wasn't able to verify.

For Github users reporting bugs there is preferred:
https://github.com/RafaGago/artv-audio/issues

I have an already working version with every FX that doesn't use a big delay line (e.g. compressors, phasers, EQ, filters) offering oversampling up to 16x. A saturation module is on its way too. Unfortunately all this will be on v1.1, which can't be released until KVR DC21 is over, as it does add new features.

Meanwhile I collected all the fixes that didn't require substantial rebasing in a 1.0.2 release.
  • download artifact: Include missing MixMaxtrix.vst3/MixMaxtrix.lv2 folders on the binary zip file.
  • mix: Fix M/S smoothing unlikely-to-happen bug (required non power of 2 buffers).
  • mix: Fix main mixer pan (GPan knob) bug. Both L and R channels were using the gain of the L channel, making the control mostly useless.
  • editor: Add third FX page. Now unused. In preparation for 1.1, which can't happen now before DC21.
  • editor: Make main LCD bigger.
  • editor: Replace "LR" (for LR swap) button text by "S", so it is visible when resizing the editor to small sizes.
  • sonic_enhancer: Fix wrong "rand" calls commented when porting from JSFX.
  • phaser: Fix complete broken behavior on samplerates other than 41/48K.
  • filters2x: Fix moog filter frequency setting bugs on samplerates other than 41/48K. The filter was unstable/unusable at those sample rates before.
  • track compressor: Workaround bad ratio display.
Download from KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/mixmaxtrix-by-artv

Unifying/answering to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=568108

I don't know when I will write a manual but I can answer specific questions.

I will try yo answer as simple as I can.

The plugin has 8 ins and 8 outs from the DAW and 8 mixer strips.

Every mixer strip can receive audio from any combination of the 8 ins and send audio to any combination of the 8 outs.

The DAW inputs for a given mixer are selected with the 1-8 number buttons on top each mixer strips. The DAW outputs are selected through the bottom 1-8 buttons.

Let's say that you have a drum machine with 8 channels, so you have 8 channels in one track (I don't know how does this work on any DAW other than REAPER) and you want to join all of them in one channel:

-Connect through your DAW the 8 intputs of MixMaxtrix.
-Select on each mixer strip one input, e.g you click the 1 button on the first mixer, the 2 button on the second, etc.
-Select on every mixer strip the output 1.

This is it, you have a track mixer. You could be doing e.g small EQ adjustments on each of the channels using the FX on each mixer. Doing that in your DAW without this plugin would require a long messy chain of plugins with different connections.

Of course you could be joining tracks on different subuses, e.g. kick, snares + toms and hihats.

This is just one example on how to use it, but it is flexible enough to cover a lot of workflows.

With regards about how does it include so much FX's in a 2MB zip package / 5MB plugin, most of the code of a plugin is just framework bloat and graphics, DSP is only a small portion. This is mostly the reason.

big fan of small but functional installers. the reaper installer is like 12mb?

sorry about the duplicated thread. i didn't know this thread already existed.

thank you for your explanation of busses. i think i understand now.
please can you explain the other uses of mixmaxtrix?

what is the joiner function? how do i do that in reaper?

thank you very much. :tu:
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Here are some uses, basically the second bullet list:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/mixmaxtrix-by-artv

I don't think I follow with regards to the joiner function, but the case explained above, the drum machine, was exactly joining 8 channels in one.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”