Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chris-S wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 am OsTIrus:
Are all gain-levels settings:
stored in a DAW project (they are not stored in patches)?
Okidoki, tested in REAPER: common-global-master-vol: stored, global vol (cc7): NOT stored, GUI-output-gain: stored.
So, I suggest to put a cc7-initializer on Midi-lanes, to prevent volume changes (some DAWs do this by default).

A master volume stored in a synth is not something usual

Ok with Vavra - but is there a way on OsTIrus and Osirus to run the factory demo songs ?

For example, on the Virus B hardware, pressing CTRL+EDIT and then STORE did the trick.

Since the buttons I mentioned above are not present in the interface of that 2 wonderful dsp56300 emulations, it would be great to have a "macro control" in the main menu (together with "skin gui", "skin dimensions" etc.).

Something like a "Run Demo Songs > #1 - #2 - #3 , etc." command.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

del
Last edited by seangm on Fri May 03, 2024 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

xhunaudio wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:56 pm Ok with Vavra - but is there a way on OsTIrus and Osirus to run the factory demo songs ?
There is no factory demo song on the Virus Ti2
Last edited by Gam456 on Fri May 03, 2024 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I plugged in my Virus A to hear the demo song and was instantly reminded of how much noisier it is than Osirus.

xhunaudio wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:56 pm Ok with Vavra - but is there a way on OsTIrus and Osirus to run the factory demo songs ?

For example, on the Virus B hardware, pressing CTRL+EDIT and then STORE did the trick.
just tried it on my b:
tells me:
"no demosong - but 1024 sounds"

v4.9 that is, which afaik has no demosong anymore

it's this here, isn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-knOJwgiUKQ

The demo songs were removed from the later versions of the Virus OS to add space for preset storage. So you'd have to use an earlier OS version to get the demo songs. They were (afaik all of them??) done by Marc Schlaile, the Product Director for Access Music.

At one point (that point being maybe around 2002!) Access held a remix contest, and released the midi file of the Virus B demo song "Endorphins", so that users could remix it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any signs of that on the internets from a quick search.

Gam456 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:05 am This ?
Not quite. ;) The songs can be found quite easily.. EG Here's a page with all of the demo songs Access created: virus.info/virusti/audiodemos

I meant the midi file, of Endorphins, which they released for their remix contest. With it, and a multi set to the correct presets, you could recreate the demo song with any OS version, and including Osirus etc.

Seems the only way you'd maybe get it, these days, would be to rip the MIDI file direct from the relevant older ROM Firmware :)

I remember the audio demos for Virus B "Endorphins" and for Virus C, TDM, Indigo TDM etc. were great, an unvaluable "dive in the past". I remember that "Music Contest" too, 20+ years ago.

Sorry for my greed, is there a way to "Access" (eheh) the Virus A firmware? No sign of it on the internet...

I know the Virus B already contains everything from Virus A, but it would be nice to preserve that piece of history too (Virus A ROM) for the centuries to come, now that the product is completely discontinued.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

osTIrus:
Is there a special reason why many presets do have a "@" instead of "a" in preset names?
This makes searching for patches more difficult.

xhunaudio wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am Sorry for my greed, is there a way to "Access" (eheh) the Virus A firmware? No sign of it on the internet...
The Virus A 2.8 firmware is on virus.info along with the other models but I couldn't get Osirus to detect it. Unless it's a bug in the 1.3.10 release.
Image Image Image Image

Chris-S wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:57 am osTIrus:
Is there a special reason why many presets do have a "@" instead of "a" in preset names?
This makes searching for patches more difficult.
i dont' have that with the offical RAM and ROM

sprnva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 am
xhunaudio wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am Sorry for my greed, is there a way to "Access" (eheh) the Virus A firmware? No sign of it on the internet...
The Virus A 2.8 firmware is on virus.info along with the other models but I couldn't get Osirus to detect it. Unless it's a bug in the 1.3.10 release.
Because they are midi files for loading the rom into the virus and not actual rom bin files.

Return to “Instruments”