Samplitude good, Magix bad

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crashes all the time when unsoloing a track then the audio hangs then Samplitude is unresponsive.

Windows 11 Pro.
Intel i7 12700 kf
Audient id 4 mk2.
32 gig ddr 4 ram

It doesn't even save properly.

Avoid.

I got Spectralayers Pro though.

This seems designed more for recording audio.
Once you throw a third party vsti into it,it chucks the hissiest of fits.

What version is it? Doesn't it produce an error-message and offer to bring up the buge-report form?

And what do you mean with "it doesn't even safe properly"? Does it after restarting not offer you to review a backup-file?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I got a hang when saving and a corrupted project file.

Smasha wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:47 am I got a hang when saving and a corrupted project file.
Again: what version?

That sounds totally strange and I have never experienced anything like it, nor do I remember having seen anyone else mentioning such a problem.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

When I play,the sound hangs and Samplitude hangs.

No good for PC,maybe better for Apple?

I adjusted refresh rate on gpu but it still hangs.

Again: what version?

Windows 11 Pro.
Samplitude x8 pro Suite sigh.

Just having a muck around with it.

So that's the demo of X8 then?

What audio-driver do you use?

I put cpu count down to 4.
That seems to have fixed it.

Full release.

What are the best Performance settings?

I have an Audient id 4 mk 2.

Why am I not surprised.
Glacial development and a stupid price structure.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Smasha wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:59 pm I put cpu count down to 4.

Full release.

So do you use the Audient audio driver? Did you try switching to their generic driver?

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:21 pm
Why am I not surprised.
Glacial development

Nope, not at all - the development is very active with updates coming out about once a month (okay, that's not totally accurate - they skipped September, October, November - but then the Dezember release had several significant new features - the monthly releases are mainly bug-fixes)

and a stupid price structure.

This for sure

jens wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:35 pm
Smasha wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:59 pm I put cpu count down to 4.

Full release.

So do you use the Audient audio driver? Did you try switching to their generic driver?
"Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver Loading failed
No ASIO Driver error."

Using the Audient ASIO Driver.

I meant the Magix one - did you try that one?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”