release loop

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't manage to make the TX16WX paly the release loop when I release the key (while I manage to make it play perfectly the sustain loop)
at pag 29 of the manual you can read:

Release loop - selects the release Loop. This is the loop that will play after the MIDI
key is released but the voice still plays the AEG release.

What does it mean precisely... in could be that if I don't have enought release set there I can't hear mu release loop? I tried to increase the 0.50 default value but all I get is a standard release that has nothing to do with my sampled instrument. So how can I make it to play the final part of my sample after the sustain loop?
Ciao belli!

"The loop that will play" means that playback will continue, but use this, other loop. So if loop start was S, end was E and play position at release is P (where P <= E), and we now have a loop with positions S1 and end E1, playback will continue to E1 and loop at S1 instead. Of course, if E1 < P, we will have passed the loop, so the sample will just run out, as if no loop was set. Etc.
And yes, you need some release time set to hear this.
The most typical use (?) is actually to set release loop to <none> to have the "end part" of a looped sample play when released.
If you want toggled samples, you should instead look at making two groups, and set one to trigger on release.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for replying. What I want is very simple: after the sustain loop (which is a small portion of a single sample wav) the play should go on from the end of the sustain moving to the end of the sample. Instead when I release my keyboard key the sound ends there (like in an organ), the now time cursor doesn't seem to procede from the end of the sustain to the end of the sample.
To none where? In the Keyboard mapper table Colum or in the mode of the release loop? I tried both but the behavior doesn't change whether I select the "forward" or the "none".

As for me, there should not even be the need of a release loop (why do I need it?) It would be so logical and so simpler if after the sustain, the play could automatically continue torward the end of the sample. I can't imagine a simpler situation really. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I attach an image, as you can see my release loop starts exactly in the point in which the sustain ends and goes to the end of the sample.
On the other side why should I duplicate the group and do double assignement or I don't know what and keep things complicated?
TX16Wx 1 - trumpet_build_sreenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ciao belli!

If your release time is zero, or close to zero, the time spent playing released will thusly mimic said time. Increase your release, if you want sound to continue after key release.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”