Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GreyLion wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:36 pm I just bought Speedrum and am looking forward to playing with it. I've been searching for a good drum sampler that loads layers.

Speedrum keeps getting referred to as a Battery replacement. I don't use Battery any more, but still have a lot of Battery kits hanging out on my backup drive.

Are you planning on implementing Battery kit imports, or has NI locked out that possibility?

As far as I know, Battery 3 is actually Kontakt 3/4, and Battery 4 is Kontakt 5 in disguise with evolved interface. Kits are not in an open format, such as XML, plus they are probably encrypted.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:21 pm Does Speedrum report the sample names to the host? I recently got Komplete and was very annoyed to find out Battery doesn't...

EDIT: It appears it doesn't. Any plans to add it? If there are, I'll definitely buy it.
Yes, it reports.
Reaper will display it in the midi editor, but semi-automatically, you have to either click on the note button or close and open the midi editor again.
note-names.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:23 am I did get a crash when switching on the stretch button... :(
It will be fixed in the next update.
Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:23 am Edit 2: I think I found a bug: Load a kick drum to a pad, lower the filter to 6k, increase resonance, apply velocity to filter cutoff at 25%, play from soft to hard and stop. After a moment play at the lowest velocity possible and the first note will have a loud click at the beginning. The filter becomes fully open for a few milliseconds and shuts down. The following notes will go back to being filtered at lower velocities.
I'll check it out, thanks for reporting.

apisonic wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:27 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:21 pm Does Speedrum report the sample names to the host? I recently got Komplete and was very annoyed to find out Battery doesn't...

EDIT: It appears it doesn't. Any plans to add it? If there are, I'll definitely buy it.
Yes, it reports.
Reaper will display it in the midi editor, but semi-automatically, you have to either click on the note button or close and open the midi editor again.

note-names.jpg
Reaper won't show it no matter how many times I re-open de editor or click in the notes :(

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:52 pm

Yes, it reports.

note-names.jpg
Reaper won't show it no matter how many times I re-open de editor or click in the notes :(
You have to turn on "Show note names" in the Reaper midi editor. Look somewhere in the menu, I don't have it in front of me right now, it's toggle, Alt+0 or similar.

In fact, I think it is enough to have a midi item selected on the track.

apisonic wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:09 pm

Yes, it reports.

note-names.jpg
You have to turn on "Show note names" in the Reaper midi editor. Look somewhere in the menu, I don't have it in front of me right now, it's toggle, Alt+0 or similar.

The thing is it works with other programs. RS5K and Groove Agent both report the sample names correctly. I checked and the "show note names" option is activated on all piano rolls. I click through different MIDI items, one for SD, one for RS5K, one for GA5, and the other two both show the note name but not SD.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Yes, it reports.

note-names.jpg

The thing is it works with other programs. RS5K and Groove Agent both report the sample names correctly. I checked and the "show note names" option is activated on all piano rolls. I click through different MIDI items, one for SD, one for RS5K, one for GA5, and the other two both show the note name but not SD.
Interesting, can you tell me on which op. system, and whether Speedrum is vst or vst3?

apisonic wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:08 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Yes, it reports.

note-names.jpg

Interesting, can you tell me on which op. system, and whether Speedrum is vst or vst3?
Win 10, VST3.

I just installed the VST2 version but it's not being picked up by Reaper :(

I should mention that I'm using the portable version of Reaper.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:30 pm I just installed the VST2 version but it's not being picked up by Reaper :(

Does Reaper look in the folder where you installed it?
It doesn't matter if it's a portable version.

I'm not sure how you set it up... but with default settings for example if the name of the first pad is "My Pad 1" and if the first pad is set to the default note 36, then in Reaper that name will be shown on note 36 in the midi editor on the piano roll... try scrolling the piano roll, maybe it will be an octave down or up, depending on how it is set...

apisonic wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:53 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:30 pm I just installed the VST2 version but it's not being picked up by Reaper :(

Does Reaper look in the folder where you installed it?
It doesn't matter if it's a portable version.

I'm not sure how you set it up... but with default settings for example if the name of the first pad is "My Pad 1" and if the first pad is set to the default note 36, then in Reaper that name will be shown on note 36 in the midi editor on the piano roll... try scrolling the piano roll, maybe it will be an octave down or up, depending on how it is set...
Yes, it's in my main VST folder.

I'm trying all of this with a single sample on each plugin, all in note 36. I can play the note by clicking it on the piano roll, it just doesn't show its name.

Here's a photo:

EDIT: maybe it's just the demo version that acts this way?

The only limitation of the demo version is the loading of the drum kit and the saved state.

Here on the newly installed portable instance of Reaper...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2piob2c03p72 ... s.gif?dl=0

apisonic wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:39 pm The only limitation of the demo version is the loading of the drum kit and the saved state.

Here on the newly installed portable instance of Reaper...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2piob2c03p72 ... s.gif?dl=0
Tried a new portable install and still doesn't work. This time I tried VST2 and 3 :neutral: :(

+ [Setup] midi cc map list, with deletion of individual ones
# fixed MIDI mapping behavior of Layer knobs
# fixed the possibility that midi unlearn cannot be done in rare cases
# fixed possible crash when Layer is in background processing (like stretching)
# fixed crash when changing parameter during pad multi selection
# [linux] fixed the gui not opening in rare cases

Return to “Apisonic Labs”