Sonnox released Claro EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Claro

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:26 pm Thanks for the heads up. I demoed Claro awhile back but didnt get the time with I hoped. I dont want to ask them for an extension. What are the main things about Claro that you like and ideally differ from "typical" EQs? Does the masking feature work well. I recall the UI are for masking being a bit small...
I honestly use FF proq3most of the time for pretty much everything, BUT... I got this Claro eq sometime back and I end up using it for very quick and dirty eq tasks (plus other things like looking at masking areas -mix mode-, quick width control -on produce mode-, or autogain are always a big plus) or for quick decision making.
Certainly very useful unless I need to tweak a lot or use dynamics, then FF is the answer. I do not regret getting it for $29 some time ago. It actually gets a lot of use (unlike Kirchhoff, which I sold recently).
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

thanks pekbro
pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:10 pm
tonymax wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:54 pm where you seeing it for $30???
pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm This is a neat eq, trying to decide if I actually need it. Probably, at least for $30 anyway. :tu:
Well $34 at Plugin Boutique, and I got about $5 bucks of virtual cash there so I can get it for $30.
So that's not a sale price, sorry...

@plexuss

So far, for me it's mostly just a workflow / handy and interesting features thing. I probably would not be super interested at it's regular price either. This would be my first Sonnox plugin actually, generally I don't pay them much attention due to their cost and dated (imo) UI's on a lot of their stuff. This EQ seems modern, good sounding, handy and interesting to me.

*I would probably grab their limiter if the price ever drops down enough, just because I love limiters! :lol:

Ok... thanks. It sounds like a toolbox-y thing where it's nice to have for some unique features/workflow or just a break from the usual, with reliable decent enough sound quality. You could live with out it but if you didn't have it you'd think about it from time to time. $30 sounds about right for a toolbox addition like that... thanks for the insight!

I do especially like the DJ modes, IMO its a great idea that others should consider. I always found it disappointing that there is not a minimized mode for the Pro EQ, like there is for the Pro Limiter. I like analyzers, but tend to favor eq's that don't have them as I prefer to use my ears I guess.

As for the regular cost, it's not fair to say that this should not be considered due to that, it's just that with all the other eq's I have, justifying anything other than a low cost would be difficult for me. It's the same with some very venerable eq's that I would like, but don't own. I for one, cannot catch them all as per the pokemon effect. :lol:

Their limiter is on sale too along with a number of others...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=12628

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 pm Their limiter is on sale too along with a number of others...

Thx, I did see that, I don't have enough virtual cash for that heh, maybe if it ever drops to around
$30, but you never know. I already bought the SSL limiter this month and it came with a nice
gate too, for less than the price of the Sonnox limiter. Anyway, my limiter budget is at it's limit. :lol:

plexuss wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 pm Their limiter is on sale too along with a number of others...

Just for the record: all their plugins besides the Toolbox ones require a dongle.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:58 pm
Just for the record: all their plugins besides the Toolbox ones require a dongle.
I have oxford inflator, which is not toolbox as far as i know, and it does not require a dongle.

Ah, yes, my bad - they're cloud too now... I find that worse so didn't think of it. So scratch that please
- none of them except Toolbox allow machine registration.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

There was a 2.0 update for Claro in the meantime:

Sonnox Toolbox Claro Release Notes
2.02.0 / 2023.06.21
Fixing excessive CPU usage on Windows which persisted after plug-ins were removed

2.01.0 / 2023.06.14
Improving GUI performance when running on Apple M1 CPUs
Fixed a bug where sessions mixing VST3 and AudioUnit instances could crash
Fixed a bug where left/right channel graphs could flicker
Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements

2.00.0 / 2022.03.14
Added native support for Apple Silicon

monophonK wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:58 pm There was a 2.0 update for Claro in the meantime:

Sonnox Toolbox Claro Release Notes
2.02.0 / 2023.06.21
Fixing excessive CPU usage on Windows which persisted after plug-ins were removed

2.01.0 / 2023.06.14
Improving GUI performance when running on Apple M1 CPUs
Fixed a bug where sessions mixing VST3 and AudioUnit instances could crash
Fixed a bug where left/right channel graphs could flicker
Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements

2.00.0 / 2022.03.14
Added native support for Apple Silicon
Thanks for the info. I was not aware about the update. Also other Sonnox plugins got some updates.

Old'ish thread, i.e., no continuous blathering out nothing, but still remains relevant in time.

I love Claro, but am I missing something obvious: is there not a built-in undo?

The DAW's (Ableton Live) undo does indeed work, but it's too granular within the Tweak and Mix views. This is similar to how Fabfilter Pro-Qx works; it does and it doesn't, so that's why the internal undo exists.

Sonnox is having flash sale on claro.

Take your music production to the next level with Sonnox Claro, the innovative EQ plugin designed to enhance creativity and streamline workflow.

For a limited time only, we're thrilled to offer you an exclusive discount of 90%. Simply use the code FLASH-CLARO-90 before clicking checkout to unlock this special offer and save 90% off Sonnox Claro.

IMG_7872.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”