Sonnox released Claro EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Claro

Saddest waste of money I've ever had to encounter... be warned: not worth bothering with the Sonnox stuff if you're using machine-registration.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Machine registration is available for Claro.

I think all the Toolbox plugins have machine authorisation

Yes, of course they do - but it's absolutely unreliable, at least on Windows - it's literally more often claiming there's no license than working as it should here - and amongst all the iLok plugins I have these are the only ones giving me any problems of that sort. As a consequence I don't use them at all anymore - not worth the trouble. POS
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm kind of lowkey surprised they are still around. Inflator and some of their old stuff is cool. But lately?

crookedmacs wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 pm I'm kind of lowkey surprised they are still around. Inflator and some of their old stuff is cool. But lately?
Dude, if McDsp is still around, sonnox will sure be.

So I'm not in the market for Claro and recently got Voca which I think is really good. One really odd detail that I don't see anyone here talking about. Sonnox dont allow transfer of Claro, Voca, or the non Oxford plugins. Glad I like Voca, but really wouldn't invest in Claro unless you really like the workflow.

my of to EQ since I don't own FFproq3. Every beginner like me should get this to learn eq on mixing not just individual track.

theviirus wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:24 am So I'm not in the market for Claro and recently got Voca which I think is really good. One really odd detail that I don't see anyone here talking about. Sonnox dont allow transfer of Claro, Voca, or the non Oxford plugins. Glad I like Voca, but really wouldn't invest in Claro unless you really like the workflow.
Wow. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd realized that. Sonnox does not make that obvious on the product page. But under "licensing" on the product page it is described as part of "the Toolbox range", and their support page says, "Toolbox Licences are not transferrable."

I probably won't be buying anything else from Sonnox.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:42 pm
theviirus wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:24 am So I'm not in the market for Claro and recently got Voca which I think is really good. One really odd detail that I don't see anyone here talking about. Sonnox dont allow transfer of Claro, Voca, or the non Oxford plugins. Glad I like Voca, but really wouldn't invest in Claro unless you really like the workflow.
Wow. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd realized that. Sonnox does not make that obvious on the product page. But under "licensing" on the product page it is described as part of "the Toolbox range", and their support page says, "Toolbox Licences are not transferrable."

I probably won't be buying anything else from Sonnox.
I think they must have addressed this at some point; I bought Claro a couple of weeks ago, and they made this really obvious during the purchase. I think I even had to click an "I Agree" page just for this point.

I like all Sonnox plugins a lot and regularly use them.
What's special about Voca?
Is it replacing 5 plugins by one
---> faster workflow!?
Gui looks kinda peculiar?

I wish that voca had incorporated a noise gate like Renaissance Vox. It’s a surprisingly effective and quick plugin. If voca added it it’d be a renvox killer.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:58 pm I wish that voca had incorporated a noise gate like Renaissance Vox. It’s a surprisingly effective and quick plugin. If voca added it it’d be a renvox killer.
I've waited years for Sonnox to improve some of their plugins. If only . . .
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”